Do you eat less kilojoules than Myfitnesspal recomends?

Options
Hey guys my diary is open if you want to check. Most days i eat less than 5000 kilo joules, which is how much the app recommends. But i feel tired and struggle to concentrate. Do you guys eat exactly this amount of kilo joules or less and how much less? I eat this way because mostly i am not hungry then i do not eat more....But the past few days i have not been feeling to good. Eating like this helps me loose weight but i work in finance and need to concentrate. I will start eating more but scared i will stop losing weight then.

Replies

• BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    the aim is to eat as close to the number MFP gives you as possible. 50 cals (or kJ) under or over doesnt make much difference
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,398 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I use the TDEE method and frequently eat more than my goal. If you want to look at my diary, you can. But if you are active, there is no reason to eat 1100 calories a daily. If you are feeling tired and lethargic, your body is telling you to eat more.

I would probably suggest another look at your calorie goal. Our bodies need fuel in order to sustain energy. Also, why eat so little when you can have a more sustainable weight loss plan long term with slightly more calories?
  • KaterinaTerese
    KaterinaTerese Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I use TDEE, and have worked for the past year at being in tune with what my body needs, so I sometimes go over if I'm having trouble or if my immune system seems to not be functioning at an optimal level. If you're having trouble concentrating or feel weak, you probably need more. Care for your body and it will transform on its own. :flowerforyou: