In Honor of Robin Williams....

Options

Replies

• kaylikee
    kaylikee Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I was so shocked when I found this out. I feel like I can't watch any movies with him in for a while. my husband has never seen Jumanji and I have been bugging him to watch it since I found it in a thrift store. now I don't know when I even want to. I forgot about One Hour Photo. that one was super weird and gross. I haven't seen all his movies, either, but my favorite ones are all the ones I grew up watching- Hook, Jumanji, Mrs. Doubtfire... so sad...
  • tyrannosarausREX
    Options
    Surprised I haven't seen the movie "Jack". One of my favourite movies of all time. Mrs Doubtfire will always be the top of my list with Aladdin though.

You're free Genie.
  • tar0809
    tar0809 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I wasn't a big fan of Jumanji but he was good in that movie. I loved Mrs. Doubtfire, Flubber was a great classic too! but I can't list them all so he was an amazing comedian and actor in everything he did and he will be sorely missed :/
  • tar0809
    tar0809 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Surprised I haven't seen the movie "Jack". One of my favourite movies of all time. Mrs Doubtfire will always be the top of my list with Aladdin though.

You're free Genie.

This
  • HornedFrogPride
    HornedFrogPride Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Dead Poets Society & Good Morning Vietnam.

Can't forget he was also in the original music video to Bobby McFerrin's "Don't Worry, Be Happy!".
  • Tsumter2013
    Tsumter2013 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Mrs. Doubtfire, Jack and Patch Adams are my all time favorites.
  • ImmortalApprentice
    ImmortalApprentice Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Patch Adams, Mrs Doubtfire, Aladdin, and Dead Poets Society
    Though, I don't think he's done a movie I didn't like. Great man...he'll be missed
    Watching some of his standup currently
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Mrs. Doubtfire.
  • keishakylejohnson
    keishakylejohnson Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Mrs. Doubtfire and Aladdin for sure!!
  • blabrecque_xo
    blabrecque_xo Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Jumanji. I swear I watched that every single day as a child.
  • Gawanne
    Gawanne Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Jumanji and Hook. Very very sad news. He will be missed. Thank you Mr. Williams for the pleasure you brought to so many people.
  • Illini_Jim
    Illini_Jim Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I liked some his less crazy roles most of all like “The World According to Garp” and “Awakenings”.
  • johnseitz
    Options
    this is where I differ from average people:

I thought is most popular (patch adams, mrs doubtfire) sucked...

On the other hand, One hour photo, death to smoochy, the butler, what dreams may come,Fisher King, and dead poets society were movies that made us think and came from a more artistic point of view as opposed to yet another boring Hollywood spoonfed blockbuster. I have a feeling he would agree.....RIP
  • Fsunami
    Fsunami Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    The World According to Garp. One of my all time favorites
  • my_chrystal82
    my_chrystal82 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Jumanji, Popeye, Hook, World's Greatest Dad were some of my favorites....just sadness...
  • Shropshire1959
    Shropshire1959 Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    My Take :-

Shows the value of a person when his body of work touches so many people that they all want to say 'Thank you'.... by such things we are measured.
  • searsvls
    searsvls Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Jumanji and Good Morning Vietnam. Although it was not a movie, Mork and Mindy is still his best!
  • sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options
    Really liked a lot of his work:

- Good Morning Vietnam
    - Good Will Hunting
    - Aladdin
    - FernGully
    - etc. etc. etc.

He was a great actor and comedian!

I LOVE Fern Gully!!!!!

as above!
  • GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options
    It's honestly so hard to pick a favorite. Robin Williams has been a part of my life the whole time starting with Mork and Mindy! I even had a pair of the rainbow suspenders at one point. He was truly genius in anything he did. I don't know that there is a movie he did that I didn't love. Aladdin would NOT have been what it was without him...without a doubt! I think one of the cutest movies...that ended up ripping my heart out was Jack! I loved that movie. His work will live on forever. He touched so many lives over so many generations! RIP Robin! :brokenheart: