The Birdcage
    Mrs Doubtfire
    Good Morning Vietnam

I've even seen him live (stand-up)

there are so many great thing he's done.... what a tragedy. :sad:
  • GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options
    Surprised I haven't seen the movie "Jack". One of my favourite movies of all time. Mrs Doubtfire will always be the top of my list with Aladdin though.

You're free Genie.

You MUST see Jack! It had an amazing cast and his character...omgosh it was just so well done!
  • meggwyn
    meggwyn Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Its hard to pick a favorite b/c I've loved everything he's done....Aladdin, What dreams may come, good morning vietnam, Mrs. Doubtfire are probably the ones I've watched the most times. I'm still processing a world without Robin Williams. :(

How could I forget Popeye?! And Hook!!!
  • GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options
    Hook, the psychotic Russian doctor in Nine Months, The Birdcage, Dead Poets Society, Good Morning Vietnam, Robots, Aladdin, Insomnia, Cadillac Man, Toys, I could go on forever and just list all his movies.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRFMl1NjkkZyVCz9MdnGlduKK48vX6hr_dtucZ7WmUaRAxQK7dQZQ

This made me cry! STOP IT!
  • karabasik
    karabasik Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I love almost all of his movies . He was one of my favorite actors .
    Three years ago, my husband and I had a privilege to see him in Broadway play BENGALI TIGER IN BAGHDADZOO!!!! It was aamazing ! Unforgettable !!!
  • Limeycat
    Limeycat Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I also enjoyed his work best when he was playing a dramatic role, rather than an out and out comedy, e.g.
    - Good Will Hunting
    - Good Morning Vietnam
    - Dead Poets Society
    - The World According to Garp
    Etc...

I also thought his stand up routines and the way he 'performed' in many interviews were fab

Such a sad loss, may he rest in the peace that he evidently didn't find in life.
  • LFDBabs
    LFDBabs Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    The World According To Garp, The Fisher King, Night At The Museum (who's evolved?) and Aladdin.

NaNu, NaNu and RIP
  • UsernameisNick
    Options
    Jumanji.

I watched that movie so much when I was a kid that the tape fell apart :laugh:
  • KnickersInATwist
    KnickersInATwist Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Aladdin! Adored that movie as a child

RIP
  • Libertysfate
    Libertysfate Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Aladdin, Good Will Hunting, What Dreams May Come, Mrs. Doubtfire, and Flubber.
  • MissMariahLee
    MissMariahLee Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Mrs. Doubtfire! And I grew up watching Aladdin.
  • Fat2Fit_imready
    Fat2Fit_imready Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    mrs doubtfire...he will be missed!!
  • Lilylee757
    Lilylee757 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Vietnam!
  • gmoneycole
    gmoneycole Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Too many to name a favorite or two...RIP Robin you will be sorely missed!
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    WhatDream May Come .::::::::(robin williams) as Chris Nielsen: [delivering a eulogy for Ian] There's a man Ian never got to know: the man he was growing up to be. He's a good looking clear-eyed young fellow, about 25. I can see him. He's the type of guy that men want to be around, because he has integrity, you know? He has character. You can't fake that. And he's a guy women want to be around too, because there's a tenderness in him. Respect, and loyalty, and courage, and women respond to that. Makes him a terrific husband, this guy. I see him as a father. That's where he really shines. I see him when he looks into his kid's eyes. That kid knows that his dad really, really sees him. He sees who he is. And then that child knows that he's an amazing person. He's quite a guy, that he'll never get to meet.
  • xRedRockerx
    xRedRockerx Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I think the only two films I've seen with Robin in are Hook and Bicentennial Man, none of which I loved as much as Mork and Mindy. Been watching episodes of that all morning.
  • JenniferIsLosingIt
    JenniferIsLosingIt Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    One of his more obscure movies was TheCutter and that was an intense movie! I loved all his films but my favorites would have been Dead Poets Society, and Patch Adams. I also loved Jack. Heck I can't think of any of his that I didn't like, well maybe Death to Smoochy...lol that one was out there!
  • Cathalain
    Cathalain Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I may go a little differently here, but I actually liked his improv stuff better than any movie or television program he did. If you can find it, watch the episode of "Whose Line Is It Anyway" where he guest-starred with Ryan Stiles, Colin Mochrie and Wayne Brady. Hilarious stuff, and it showed he definitely "still had it" when it came to improvisation. He did a "song duet" with Wayne Brady that just.... wow, it was powerful stuff.
  • mamaoftwins9197
    mamaoftwins9197 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I was so shocked when I found this out. I feel like I can't watch any movies with him in for a while. my husband has never seen Jumanji and I have been bugging him to watch it since I found it in a thrift store. now I don't know when I even want to. I forgot about One Hour Photo. that one was super weird and gross. I haven't seen all his movies, either, but my favorite ones are all the ones I grew up watching- Hook, Jumanji, Mrs. Doubtfire... so sad...

I know how you feel. Only just recently have I been able to watch Dirty Dancing again. I know they're "just celebrities", but sometimes these people play such an integral part in our lives.