Replies

• Erin_goBrahScience
    Erin_goBrahScience Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    ebcef21ff26bf0affdd7030db0557e4e.jpg
  • gmdaniel
    gmdaniel Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Such a talented individual and made us all laugh and cry! I can't think of any of his work that was not great!

'JUMANJI" and "Ms Doubtfire" were hits for me. I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED watching Mork and Mindy!
  • Cathalain
    Cathalain Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I loved Moscow on the Hudson

If my back was to the wall and I had to pick a favorite film of his, this would be it. Very sad and striking.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    This is a huge loss to not only the world of entertainment but 90's kids everywhere! Jumanji, Mrs Doubtfire, Patch Adams, Jack, Hook.

My top 3:

The Birdcage- He and Nathan Lane :heart:
    Hook
    Jumanji
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options
    He had an uncredited role in "Shakes the Clown", A very dark comedy starring Bobcat Goldthwait. He was the instructor in a mine class. Absolutely stole the movie...
  • dawnmcneil10
    dawnmcneil10 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    I can't believe it took to page 3 to hear someone mention "the world according to Garp". I can't pick a favorite as each of his roles was unique just like he was. He will be greatly missed and one of the things I will miss are the St Jude's commercials, the smiles on the faces of those children just from spending a short time with him. That says so much more than any movie ever written.

RIP Robin, while you are greatly missed thank you for the memories, moments of laughter and good deeds. May the world learn that depression is an illness that can touch anyone and should not be taken lightly.
  • AbsolutelyRaw
    Options
    My favorite movies of his are The Birdcage, Dead Poets Society and his stand up specials where comic genius. My husband was lucky enough to see him on the "The Chairman's U.S.O. Tour" in Africa years ago and he got his autograph for me. It is an item I have always treasured. He was not only a comic genius, a phenomenal actor but a caring human being. The world will be a little less fun without him in it. He will be missed.
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    - Mrs. Doubtfire
    - Aladdin
    - Hook
    - Jumanji
    - The Night Listener
  • willywonka_71
    willywonka_71 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Loved everything he was in.

Popeye was a childhood favourite of mine

I will miss him.
  • Kita328
    Kita328 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    The one that made the biggest impact in my life was Aladdin, childhood memories that will always make me smile... nobody else could make that character, Robin made Genie.

2ujmc2h.jpg

RIP Robin, thank you for all of the wonderful movies/characters that you created and the world has definitely had a great loss with losing you.

I COULDNT HAVE SAID IT BETTER.
  • louwho34
    louwho34 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I loved the Birdcage but my all time favorite is Good Will Hunting. Although, Mork and Mindy will always hold a special place in my childhood. :wink:
  • tatanisky
    tatanisky Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Jumanji and Bicentennial Man
  • dewsmom78
    dewsmom78 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Vietnam, Awakenings, and What Dreams May Come
  • Mariachicat
    Mariachicat Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Dead Poets' Society and World's Greatest Dad, all day.
  • Early_Riser
    Early_Riser Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Good Will Hunting
  • tjsoccermom
    tjsoccermom Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I have to say I have never cried at the passing of an actor before:sad: . But I would stop the tv at any Robin Williams movie (except RV, and I was willing to forgive him for that one). My teenage children are also very sad by his passing. We watched Aladdin and Mrs. Doubtfire together too many times to count and even watched it on the way to Florida this past summer, they're 17 and 14. Just such a funny man with a great heart. Seemed like someone that was genuine. So sad that in reality, his life was not humorous but a show for the rest of us. For all of those that put on a happy face for the world but feel differently in private, please seek help, it's not your fault.

It's too difficult to pick a favorite...Good Morning Vietnam, Dead Poet's Society and Patch Adams would be in my very top though. Memories with my kids would have me include Mrs. Doubtfire (and there was talk about a Mrs. Doubtfire 2) and Aladdin. And RV I just wish was never made, but with the long list of movies he was in to just have one that was so bad, well I'm willing to forgive:happy:
  • ScarletFyre
    ScarletFyre Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    The Birdcage!
  • jeichelb83
    jeichelb83 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Mrs Doubtfire is a classic!

^This.
  • shealy_dragonfly
    shealy_dragonfly Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm a child at heart and will always love his voice work in Aladdin and Happy Feet. (I grew up wanting to be just like Jasmine, pet tiger and all, lol. Sure would have been nice to have Genie around for real.) I also liked Mrs. Doubtfire and Jumanji.

He was disturbingly good as a "bad guy" in Insomnia.

My husband loves Good Morning Vietnam.
  • SandraJN
    SandraJN Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Good Will Hunting, Dead Poets Society, Good Morning Vietnam.