Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

The most motivating picture I have ever come across...

Replies

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,740 Member
    creepy
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Haha im mesmerized, thats really cool
  • mendressa
    mendressa Posts: 5 Member
    Fantastic!
  • Creepy and mesmerizing a the same time!
  • yenifont
    yenifont Posts: 3 Member
    :smile: wow!!
  • Justamom410
    Justamom410 Posts: 90 Member
    Love it...what is the source?
  • Trevorcook91
    Trevorcook91 Posts: 138 Member
    There is a thin person inside all of us. We all need to look at ourselves like that, a work in progress!
  • kimnsc
    kimnsc Posts: 560 Member
    Love it! We're all a work in progress!
  • melduf
    melduf Posts: 468 Member
    When I'm running and I want to give up, I repeat over and over "someday I'll be skinny". That kept me going a few more miles haha.
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Creepy and mesmerizing a the same time!

Yes !

Just keep chiping away , It'l work
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    i love this It is so true!! Gave me shivers
  • dreamer12151
    dreamer12151 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Agree with what everyone above has said: creepy, yet inspiring. Sad but uplifting. I kept looking back at the face: combination of smile & determination. I like this, and think it says a lot. Thanks for sharing it!
  • aethre
    aethre Posts: 150 Member
    I love that. The expression the artist has given her is wonderful.
  • Ebonessa
    Ebonessa Posts: 21 Member
    I wish I knew the source, a friend of mine sent it to me.

And I agree with everyone. It is creepy. But for me it is creepy because of how realistic it is. I sometimes believe I have indeed eaten my true self, buried it deep inside me, under layers of fat. All these years of being overweight change one's personality and behaviour so much. It is a struggle to chisel all that away, both the excess weight, as well as the years of shame and sadness.

And when I look at this statue's face, amidst the strength and determination, I see the half-closed eyes and the relieved smile of someone who is finally finding peace.

Being overweight can change a person. It has changed me. And only I can change me back.