Anyone had success with Shangri-La?

Options
I'm on day 2 of trying this. No effects yet except I felt extremely sick after swallowing the extra-light olive oil. Has anyone had success with it? What was your process?

Replies

• KseRz
    KseRz Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    I do not know what this is, can you describe it?

Just a thought but I dont think its a good idea to eat stuff that makes you feel sick for the sake of losing weight. Its why I refuse to eat asparagus and brussel sprouts (they both make me gag and uncontrollably expel them from my insides). There are a ton of other foods to choose from that you may like and are just as "good" for you as anything else.
  • helenarriaza
    helenarriaza Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I really hope you are joking.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I had to look this one up. It's a book by a psychologist saying you need to drink olive oil to suppress appetite. Completely unnecessary. If your calorie goal and macronutrient goals are set up correctly you'll have minimal hunger when sticking with eating mostly whole foods and enjoying a few treats. Stop torturing yourself by forcing down olive oil between meals.
  • KseRz
    KseRz Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    I had to look this one up. It's a book by a psychologist saying you need to drink olive oil to suppress appetite. Completely unnecessary. If your calorie goal and macronutrient goals are set up correctly you'll have minimal hunger when sticking with eating mostly whole foods and enjoying a few treats. Stop torturing yourself by forcing down olive oil between meals.

That seems silly. Why not just eat olives as a snack? (if you like olives)

Rhetorical Question
  • FrenchMob
    FrenchMob Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Oh look - another fad with no science behind it, from a psychologist none the less.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Okay, the guy who wrote the book studied rat behavior and concluded that yummy foods digest faster than bland foods. The taste of the food doesn't indicate how fast it will digest.

Rat psychologist, writing diet advice.
  • kaseyr1505
    kaseyr1505 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I have lost 40lbs by jumping on one foot for 30 seconds every day. It HAS to be your left foot. If you hop on your right foot, you'll gain weight and start growing body hair that can never be removed.
  • HerbertNenenger
    HerbertNenenger Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    olive oil is extremely high in calories...... you could eat a nice meal instead of drinking oil. no. just no.