Vacation?

Options
Next week I'm going to vacation to LA with my folks. Any tips on how to stay on track? I've done really well this week but know that when I'm at home I do so much better. Too many temptations when you're on vacation.

I plan to pack some granola bars/protein bars for those just in case moments. Also, plan to take my running shoes and get at least 3 runs in while I'm there.

Any ideas are appreciated! By the way - YOU GUYS ROCK!

86075.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• rwalden628
    Options
    Next week I'm going to vacation to LA with my folks. Any tips on how to stay on track? I've done really well this week but know that when I'm at home I do so much better. Too many temptations when you're on vacation.

I plan to pack some granola bars/protein bars for those just in case moments. Also, plan to take my running shoes and get at least 3 runs in while I'm there.

Any ideas are appreciated! By the way - YOU GUYS ROCK!

86075.png
  • time2wrk
    time2wrk Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Enjoy your vacation! I think you will do fine. Just don't wait until you are starving to go out to eat because then you don't make the best choices. (By that time EVERYTHING ON THE MENU looks good!)
  • Wynnie
    Wynnie Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I think Runner's World magazine has a website, where you can select a city and it will show you maps of the goodplaces to run. I used one when I went to Chicago, and did have a very fun run.

Have fun in LA. Try to get to Griffith Park Observatory - great place to get a shot of the city, and of the HOLLYWOOD sign.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    nuts and fruits. I went to NYC last week and thought I would gain a million pounds. Every bodega had fresh fruit, veggies and salads. I am amazed I never noticed these stores, probably because I was running past them to get to the pizza!

I took the stairs when possible and skipped the cab to walk.

I think you will find it is easier than you think.

YOU are in control :wink: :wink: :wink:

have fun

*by the way i LOSt weight on vaca without thinking about it. yahoo:bigsmile:
  • rwalden628
    Options
    Thanks for the great tips, guys! I'll let you know how it goes!

86075.png
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Not sure where you are staying but if it's in a hotel with a gym, take advantage of that. Run when you can. If the place you are staying has a pool, swim laps.

And have fun!!:bigsmile: