Replies

• markiend
    markiend Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    weekly on a monday morning, keeps me in check over the weekend :P
  • ladyblue100
    ladyblue100 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Every morning I weigh my self. I like to see how my weight changes every day. Usually in the mornings it the same so it really doesn't matter what day I weigh in. I just wake up every morning hoping that each day of working out has paid off and I'll be one pound less. :).

I think once I get to the weight I want to be I wont be weighing my self every day.
  • shabaity
    shabaity Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    Everyday after the morning bathroom run. I however only log once or twice a week and its purely for accountability this in no way affects my day.
  • GothyFaery
    GothyFaery Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I know it's bad but I weigh TWICE a day, every day. I know my night time weigh will usually be 1.5-2 pounds heavier than the next morning. I log the morning weight after it has stayed the same for 2+ days in a row. The night weight is just because I'm OCD.
  • annpatalexa
    annpatalexa Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I only record on Mondays and Fridays. But I'll sometimes peek in the week. I want to get back into not peeking and cut out one of those days.
  • jessespears
    Options
    Whenever I'm naked in the bathroom (usually first thing in the morning and last thing at night, but occasionally after taking a shower from some activity).

But, for me, it's just data (the Withings scale sends it to the app, and I get a nice graph showing a smoothed curve).

I don't stress about it one way or the other.

:smile:
  • jchurchi
    Options
    I started weighing myself everyday when my weekly weigh-ins got really really confusing.

The challenge with weighing yourself daily is understanding that weight can fluctuate daily for many reasons.
    1. You happen to be retaining more water / dehydrated then the day before
    2. You worked out unusually hard the day before (usually leads to retaining water)
    3. Bowel Movements (or lack)
    4. Time of the month
    5. Actual weight of the food you ate
    etc.

So, I have found the best way is to weigh yourself daily, under consistent circumstances (time of day, clothes, etc) and just record it. Then look at the pattern. You will NOT see it go down everyday. The most I ever hit was 3 days in a row and that really shocked me. What you should see is that you should see new "low points" (don't worry about the high points) every week to 10 days in line with your weight loss goals.

That I found is the best way to weigh daily without going crazy. (But yes, there will still be days you go crazy)

J
  • SisterChelsey
    SisterChelsey Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    once a week; on Saturday!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Oh I'm an everydayer (control freak). I want to make sure nothing is going on!
  • dswolverine
    dswolverine Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    every Thurs in the AM after the gym but before showering etc. Except TOM week. It keeps me on track without making me freak out about daily weight fluctuations
  • woman_of_steele
    woman_of_steele Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    First thing every Monday morning for my " official" weigh in. But I'll also weigh myself at other random times too. Mostly because even a teeny tiny loss is a big motivator for me. If its a gain I see I just quickly shut it out of my mind and go on with my day, keeping
    a closer eye on what I eat. The scales hold no power over my mood. Took awhile to get to this place though!
  • wildskies
    wildskies Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Multiple times per day. Always first thing in the morning. Then again about 20-30 minutes later (after drinking water/a bit of coffee and going to the bathroom for a second time) and I find that this second time is when I usually see my lowest weight. And I weigh again twice in the evening. Once before I lay down to read and once right before I go to sleep. I know it's not recommended, but seeing the fluctuation helps me keep track of how my body reacts to various activities. I only log once a week unless I have a loss of more than a pound mid week.

ETA: Right before TOM my weight loss usually stalls but then during I see my biggest losses. Then right after it's not unusual for me to retain some water and go up a bit.
  • klkarlen
    klkarlen Posts: 4,366 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning without any clothes on, after I go to the bathroom (usually it's just before I jump into the shower). I'll sometimes weigh myself at night too for fun to see how much I put on throughout the day.
    I like to see the ups and downs. It helps me stay motivated and I can see trends. I'm able to see what foods are working and which ones not so much. This isn't for everyone though.

This is what I do, for the same reasons.
  • sarahrosheen
    sarahrosheen Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I do it everyday! I like going to the 'reports' section of MFP and tracking it over 30-60-90 days, its cool!
  • nikkilane77
    nikkilane77 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    5 or more times a day. It's my sick addiction.
  • SrJoben
    SrJoben Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Every few days. And track trend with Libra, an Android app. I can then see where I'm headed in general without getting distracted by the occasional random extra highs and lows.
  • lildynarider
    lildynarider Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I allow myself once a week. Otherwise I would just focus on that number and obsess over it. I am trying to focus on the overall effect.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day but only pay any mind to the 2 month report. I don't get emotional about daily weigh ins because I can see the continued downward trend. There's nothing wrong with weighing yourself every day so long as you view it as data and not something to cry over. If I weigh in low, I don't cheer either because I know a sudden drop could easily be dehydration/temporary.
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    i'm the odd one, maybe once or twice a month
  • Alex_murphyy
    Alex_murphyy Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning without clothes and just after I use the bathroom. I like to see the up and down trend and I have a graph app on my phone that I input the data into. It works for me and helps keep me motivated. Sometimes it's frustrating to eat really well and still have the scale go up a pound and a half in one day for no reason but sometimes it drops by that much as well.

I wouldn't recommend that everyone do this, however. You just have to find what works for you.

I myself do the same. It is a constant motivation for me. Obviously there are some days when I dont get to weigh myself right after I wake up but for the most part, I weigh myself every day. And sometimes I weight myself at night as well. If I dont weigh myself I worry that I am gaining weight. So its best for me to weigh every day.