The list goes on...
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options

2ujmc2h.jpg

Genie, you're free.
  • alli2002
    Options
    What Dreams May Come....loved that and sadly enough it had to do with suicide. Great movie if you've never seen it.
  • kbeckley11
    kbeckley11 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    ebcef21ff26bf0affdd7030db0557e4e.jpg

This one almost made me cry! :cry:
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    Surprised I haven't seen the movie "Jack". One of my favourite movies of all time. Mrs Doubtfire will always be the top of my list with Aladdin though.

You're free Genie.

You MUST see Jack! It had an amazing cast and his character...omgosh it was just so well done!

SO MUCH THIS^^^
  • bkthandler
    bkthandler Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Garp
    Good Will Hunting
    The Birdcage

I know it's not a movie but I keep thinking of seeing him on the last week Johnny Carson was on the air. He had Johnny redfaced and doubled over from laughing....I'll need to check you-tube.
  • Cryptonomnomicon
    Cryptonomnomicon Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    I practically love all of Robin's work but FernGully: The Last Rainforest has a special place in my heart as I used to live a stones throw from FernGully.

GJenHcb.jpg
  • Hophead43
    Hophead43 Posts: 1,634 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Vietnam, Awakenings, and What Dreams May Come
    I almost forgot about Awakenings!! That was a great one!
  • Tiff1124
    Tiff1124 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Awakenings was my absolute favorite movie of his.

Dr. Sayer:
    "His gaze is from the passing of bars so exhausted, that it doesn't hold a thing anymore. For him, it's as if there were thousands of bars and behind the thousands of bars no world. The sure stride of lithe, powerful steps, that around the smallest of circles turns, is like a dance of pure energy about a center, in which a great will stands numbed. Only occasionally, without a sound, do the covers of the eyes slide open-. An image rushes in, goes through the tensed silence of the frame- only to vanish, forever, in the heart."

R.I.P. brilliant, kind, tortured soul. :(
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    Dead Poet's Society, The Birdcage, Awakenings, Patch Adams and Good Will Hunting
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    birdcage was my favorite movie but honestly i like his stand up better
  • FatOldManMN
    FatOldManMN Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    I don't think I've ever completely sat through one.
    Oh....wait...Awakenings because of Di Niro.
  • jodynolte
    jodynolte Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    RV
    Night at the Museum
    Mrs. Doubtfire
    All of his other movies... :heart:
  • dawnawoodward
    dawnawoodward Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    He was my fav... What dreams May Come... and his stand up on golf.....priceless
  • RedArizona5
    RedArizona5 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Patch adams- happy feet. Oh Roby, why, just-not even a note to say why?:brokenheart:
  • runningagainstmyself
    runningagainstmyself Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Dead Poet's Society, What Dreams May Come, Patch Adams, and Hook.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    Flubber, Aladdin Trilogy,Jumanji,Robots,Fern Gully,Hook
  • roanokejoe49
    roanokejoe49 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    A little inside baseball for you about Robin Williams: At NCSA, I had a teacher named Jared Sakren who attended Juilliard with Robin Williams, and he told us this story. Apparently while at Juilliard, young Mr. Williams wasn’t necessarily the best student. He had this obnoxious habit of doing a handstand in the middle of Lincoln Center Plaza until a crowd gathered around him. He then plopped down and started a comic routine of some sort until the crowd dispersed. When they left, he did another handstand until another crowd gathered. Lather, rinse, and repeat. He missed classes doing this. The school’s drama director at the time was John Houseman, he of “Paper Chase” fame, and maybe the best monologue ever delivered on film in “The Fog.” Houseman, a bit tired of Williams’ antics, called Robyn in his office and said, “Mr. Williams. We at Juilliard feel you have absolutely no place in the serious theatre. We do, however, feel you are a unique comic talent and we have arranged a meeting for you with the William Morris agency. My advice…don’t be late. Good day.” As the story goes, soon after meeting with William Morris, Williams auditioned for a small part in a little TV series called “Happy Days.” The rest, as they say, is showbiz history.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I watched "What Dreams May Come" (quite suitable, considering...) and ate a whole container of ice cream last night in tribute. It was glorious. I plan to watch a different one of my favs every night this week....

Today - Dead Poet Society
    Wednesday - Good Will Hunting
    Thursday - Patch Adams
    Friday - Mrs. Doubtfire
    Saturday - Hook
    Sunday - Good Morning Vietnam

I also need to watch the Fisher King at some point because people have recommended it and I never watched it. Also Insomnia since parts of it were filmed in my home town. I was working on cleaning up the old steam train station historic site for the summer with a co-worker down at the harbor and this sleezy looking dude came up and said "hey girrrrls....how would you like to be in the mooooovies????". Of course our first thought was that the kind of movie he was talking about was the sort that might leave you with a disease or two....but then he specified they needed a few people to help them put "Alaskan Buslines" graphics over the "Greyhound" signs on some buses for this movie. Our boss encouraged us to go make some tax free money while he looked the other way and ate his lunch. lol.

SImilar plan. Iam finishing watchig "Hook" on Netflix today, started last night but it got too late because I started by looking for him on Netflix and ended up watching some of 28 days instead. I think I needed that for some reason. The guy with the accent slays/touches me everytime and the subject matter related in a way that was cathartic.

Then:

Tomorrow, "Patch Adams"
    Thursday, "One Hour Photo"
    Friday "Alladin" for kiddo's back to school pizza night
    Saturday "Good Will Hunting" Late at night after a birthday party
    Sunday "Jumanji" with kiddo again
    Monday "Dead Poet's Society"
    Tuesday "Birdcage"

And that will be a full week of his best IMO. After that I found some Mork and Mindy on Hulu and I'll probably watch an episode a day. It will be awhile before I think I can handle watching What Dreams May Come. Great movie but I don't think I could handle it right now. I am shocked at my reaction to this event. I've never met the man and to my knowledge neither has anyone I know, and yet, I have these feelings that surprise me and I am kind of embarrassed about, trying to understand.

That's the great thing about him is his range. I can pull things to watch that were just for grown up viewing only due to subject matter or thinky, but also things that I can watch with kiddo. Well one of the great things, the other great thing is his choices of roles and his ability to make you feel wonder with his expressions like few others.