Anyone tried "zoodles"?

Options
Chenry18
Chenry18 Posts: 211 Member
I'm wondering what kind of taste "zoodles" have (zucchini noodles)

Are they comparable to spaghetti in texture?

Replies

• jmcdonald2011
    jmcdonald2011 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    lol - I was thinking those canned spaghetti zoodles my mom used to buy as a kid! I am curious about them as well. I have been dancing around the idea of getting one of those thingies that makes spaghetti out of veggies
  • KatrineJensen
    KatrineJensen Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I love them, because I love zucchini, haha. They obviously do not taste like pasta, they taste like zucchini, but since it's a pretty mild, bland flavor I think it works nicely as a pasta substitute once you flavor it in other ways (tomato sauce, spices, bolognese, cheese, you get the idea).

The texture isn't completely like spaghetti, but again, as a substitute I like it. I think you just have stop comparing it to spaghetti, because it's never going to be exactly like spaghetti, but that doesn't mean it can't still taste nice. (I prefer it, actually)

It's like all the pizza crust substitutes out there (cauliflower, meat, nut flour crusts etc.). You have to stop expecting it to taste and feel like flour-dough-crust-pizza, because it won't, it's a different dish (but still delicious!) :wink:
  • suremeansyes
    suremeansyes Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    They taste very much like zucchini...and I'd say the texture is very similar to...

...zucchini...

Luckily I love zucchini with pasta sauce on it.
  • Fizz500d
    Fizz500d Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I love them (and carrot noodles and anything else I can make into noodle/"rice" shapes. Best thing for my diet I ever did was buy a spiralizer and I didn't miss regular pasta at all.

Its nothing like pasta or noodles in taste or texture, but putting it together with a sauce or meatballs etc tastes great and is a fraction of the calories.
  • azure7
    azure7 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    They won't have the same texture as pasta, but I really love them. Zucchini is so mild that it'll take on whatever flavor you're topping it with. Buy a julienne peeler or spiralizer for noodle consistency. I pan sautee them and then toss with my favorite sauce. I especially love them with my dairy-free version of alfredo sauce (I can't have dairy so it's made with cashews, garlic, lemon juice and thyme).
  • mrsmarit
    mrsmarit Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I'm wondering what kind of taste "zoodles" have (zucchini noodles)

Are they comparable to spaghetti in texture?

I had some last night with some salmon and pesto and it was delicious.

They consistency and taste is zucchini.. it's not going to taste or feel like regular pasta.

If you do eat them definitely pan fry them to get the excess moisture out or make a thicker sauce as the water thins out the other liquids.
  • amzypritchard
    amzypritchard Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I had some tonight with lentil 'meatballs' and sauce! I normally don't like zucchini but I really like them! Obviously they don't taste the same as pasta but as a substitute they're pretty good!
  • stronghealthywoman
    stronghealthywoman Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Very delicious...I'm a pasta lover and I truly say its a nice option specially if your trying to eat more raw foods...you definitely need to like vegetables.

I say go for it!
  • R_Bedard
    R_Bedard Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I had some for dinner tonight! I LOVE them! They are 'softer' than spaghetti noodles but with my homemade sauce I do not really notice the difference in taste. They have a LOT fewer calories and carbs!