In Honor of Robin Williams....

Options
1234568»

Replies

• Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Normally the death of an actor/comedian does not bother me as much as this one does. Someone who can make so many laugh for so many years, struggling with his own life/demons, and only saw suicide as an answer is heart wrenching. Finally the genie can be free...

On a side note: my mother went to school with Robin Williams and yes was voted class clown, and everyone loved him. I live and work near where he lived and died, so this area is hit tragically by this loss.

So with that being said I loved anything with Robin Williams in it. If he was in it I would watch it!

Good Morning Vietnam
    Voice of the genie
    Mrs Doubtfire
    Good Will Hunting

ah phooey--- everything!
  • HannahLynn91
    HannahLynn91 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I can't say there is a movie, that I have seen, with Mr. Williams in it that I didn't like. He had a way, that even if you had nothing in common with the character he portrayed in the film, you could relate and connect.

As others have mentioned, normally a death of a celebrity doesn't have much effect on me. But this one, my heart does hurt.

tumblr_n9pnxmPNgH1tsr0uyo1_500.gif

May you Rest In Peace, Mr. Williams.

3272008111005AM.jpg
  • kathim429
    kathim429 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I am not sure how to pick just one or even a few...

To Wong Foo, thanks for Everything Julie Newmar
    Popeye
    The Adventures of Baron Munchausen
    Cadillac Man

But of course...
    Dead Poets Society and Good Will Hunting and Awakenings

So hard to pick, everything he was in may not have been great, but the parts he played were always memorable. Kids loved RV!!
  • kathim429
    kathim429 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    A little inside baseball for you about Robin Williams: At NCSA, I had a teacher named Jared Sakren who attended Juilliard with Robin Williams, and he told us this story. Apparently while at Juilliard, young Mr. Williams wasn’t necessarily the best student. He had this obnoxious habit of doing a handstand in the middle of Lincoln Center Plaza until a crowd gathered around him. He then plopped down and started a comic routine of some sort until the crowd dispersed. When they left, he did another handstand until another crowd gathered. Lather, rinse, and repeat. He missed classes doing this. The school’s drama director at the time was John Houseman, he of “Paper Chase” fame, and maybe the best monologue ever delivered on film in “The Fog.” Houseman, a bit tired of Williams’ antics, called Robyn in his office and said, “Mr. Williams. We at Juilliard feel you have absolutely no place in the serious theatre. We do, however, feel you are a unique comic talent and we have arranged a meeting for you with the William Morris agency. My advice…don’t be late. Good day.” As the story goes, soon after meeting with William Morris, Williams auditioned for a small part in a little TV series called “Happy Days.” The rest, as they say, is showbiz history.

Love this!!
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    RV_2431.jpg
  • CDunn414
    Options
    Bicentennial Man.
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    What Dreams May Come

I forgot that he starred in that, but loved it! I appreciated the use of different colors.