waking up to tingling chest during the night

Options
Its been 8 days since I started dieting and exercising for about 45-60 mins a day, mainly jogging on a 20% treadmill. I don't believe I'm pushing myself hard. Just breaking a sweat for pretty much half an hour.
The past few days I've been waking up to feeling a strange tingling inside my chest. It feels almost like the first seconds of holding my breath. Its very discomforting for a few minutes until it goes away.
I don't believe I have any kind of sleep apnea. My breathing is not obstructed in any way.
Just wandering if any of you guys know if this is related to starting exercising on a regular basis, and if its going to go away.

Replies

• LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    Consult your doctor.

Seriously.
  • LanceDuvall
    LanceDuvall Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Yes...I had to have put stents in with one artery being clogged at 95%, you need to see a cardiologist ASAP!!!
  • mufin71
    mufin71 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I would deffinetly call your primary doctor. Better to be safe then sorry.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Consult your doctor.

Seriously.
    I don't think I've EVER agreed with this guy ^^ before, but yes, time to get a full check up.
  • dennis_n
    dennis_n Posts: 29
    Options
    I'm happy to say that EKG and other tests showed nothing, so the doctor says it's probably acid reflux which I know I get every now and then. So good to know I can push myself a bit more without worrying!