The Clothes You Wear

Options
I am from Texas and there are a few stores that I love to shop in. A lot of you ladies on here wear some of the cutest clothes and I was just curious where you shop at and what stores you like best. I love Lane Bryant but OMG they are so dang high, I usually shop their clearance but then can never find my size. The other store I love is Cato and I get in trouble going in there because you can find some really cute stuff and they are really reasonable on prices. Especially love their clearance department.
So where do you shop at and what is your favorite store?

Replies

• DisneyAddictRW
    DisneyAddictRW Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I'm cheap and buy my clothes at Target and once in awhile Lane Bryant. I get my workout clothes at Target or Scheels. I work from home so I tend to wear "workout" clothes every day :) yoga pants and a tshirt. A good way to get use out of the free shirts I get from races.
  • Bellodesiderare
    Bellodesiderare Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Forever 21 had some really cute plus sized clothes (once you dig through the teeny bopper crap). My personal fav was Torrid www.torrid.com , followed by Blondellamydean. www.blondellamydean.com
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    I like to wear pencil skirts and structured dresses...I have a lot of luck at JCPenny and Dress Barn.
  • weightliftingaddict
    Options
    I like to save a buck so I hit up Ross, Marshalls, TJ Maxx, and Bealls weekly. I don't always buy something, not very often actually, but do like keep an eye out for something extra cute that I will get a lot of use out of. I don't have a huge wardrobe, but it is selective.
  • Maurices has very cute clothes and usually has sales or stuff on clearance.
  • FaylinaMeir
    FaylinaMeir Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    LOL most of my clothes are 6-10 years old. I'm rather frugal on basic things like clothes and such. I do have some stuff that is 3 years old from when I tried to buy more "girly" stuff but... It never gets worn because I still don't feel very comfortable in them. Although last night when I was brushing my teeth I said to myself "not too bad" I think that was a great moment!
  • aseymour13
    aseymour13 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Dress Barn has a lot of good options. Target is the best for casual clothes in my opinion. If there is a Steinmart not too far from you -- you have to shop it but can have great deals. I hate paying full price so I tend to shop deals. I am starting to accept that for "age appropriate" wear, I tend to shop more on-line.
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    I shop at my favorite store: Goodwill. I have dropped sizes like crazy so it is the only place I will shop at. I get nice name brands and the best part is when they get too big, I just re donate them back. Its like renting the clothes for awhile.
  • marieamethyst
    marieamethyst Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Now that I live on post, I shop mainly at the PX. Tax free and cheap! I did some scouting last night since I'm slowly building up my new wardrobe, and found several items for less than $3, and a gorgeous full-length teal skirt for less than $15 that will be perfect for fall. I also raid clearance sales online for places like Macy's/Sears/Dillards, Forever 21, Hot Topic etc. Ross is another cheap store, but it can be hit or miss.

Torrid was my favorite plus-size store. I still have a shirt I refuse to get rid of even though it's too big... I just wear it as a night shirt. :laugh:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Pro Tip:

Sing up for Lane Bryant's snail mail list. They will send you coupons for free items of 15 dollar value with NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. It can be used on sale items to I have gotten a free shirt and a sweater that I ended up paying $2.50 for.

(Victoria's Secret has FREE Panties coupons if you sign up for theirs.)

So far the Lane Bryant coupons seem to be coming around once every 3 months and one time I got two coupons at once to be used a couple weeks apart according to the date. I think I got a free button down this way too? Yes, I remember now I did.

ETA: Just remembered I also got a free infiinity scarf, hat, and nail polish this way off clearance, all free due to being priced so low on the clearance racks.
  • Steff46
    Steff46 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I shop mostly at Kohl's and JC Penny for my business casual work outfits. For athletic wear I love to shop Athleta.com.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Lorna Jane Pro-Tip:

Their sizes fit bigger women up to a point and they had a program where you bring in old workout clothes in good condition to donate and you get a percent off a new purchase. Unsure if they still have it so call first.

They also have "bundles" and pairings of items online that offers a good discount on their stuff.
  • Cilade
    Cilade Posts: 1
    Options
    My favorite store is actually online, Boston Proper. They have the most beautiful clothes and I use them as an incentive to loose weight, lol. Go on the site and see for yourself. I want everything and that means I need to stay fit.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    My favorite store is LOFT at the moment. I didn't know they carry a lot of things through size 16 and the occasional 18, too...I could have used that info last year, because I didn't really start shopping there until I hit size 12. I particularly love their outlet locations and clearance racks because their regular prices aren't super low.

I buy the MOST items from Target and various secondhand/thrift shops. I am obsessed with Target's clearance racks for 30, 50 and 70% off. Sometimes I find things that are in a different size than I need and then stalk their website for my size...it may be a few dollars more but I don't mind. I also like to shop at TJ Maxx, Marshalls, and Ross for inexpensive deals.

Occasionally I get a $10 off $10 coupon in the mail from Kohl's and usually manage to find a couple of tanks or a clearance dress or something, but generally I am not a big fan of their clothing. Same with Macy's.

We have a store in my area called Name Brand Clothing 1/2 of 1/2, I don't know how widespread they are but I know they have locations in a few Midwestern states. Anyway, I found my dress for my second wedding, prom dress back in high school, and countless great coats/jackets there over the years. It is usually very messy and you have to be careful because a lot of the merchandise is returns/close outs and some items are damaged. I go there weekly and often leave empty handed...but it's worth it when I find a huge cartload of fantastic name brand items for around $50, or even just a cute dress for $9.

For athletic items I really like thrift stores. In my area there seems to be a LOT of low priced Athleta stuff in thrift stores so I take full advantage of that. JC Penney's X-ersion line is also good and they do regular and plus sizing.

Honestly even when I was wearing plus sizes for 20 years I tried to avoid Lane Bryant. I think their bras and underwear (Cacique) are excellent but most of their clothes were never cut right for me, and the prices are a bit INSANE (brought down to average-insane with coupons and specials combined...too much hassle).
  • amy8400
    amy8400 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Kohls, TJMaxx...both have good markdown racks where you can score nice deals. Usually there are an abundance of XS and S...and XL sizes.
  • cattitude123
    cattitude123 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Kohl's and Target..reasonably prices, and their sales are pretty good if ya hit them right.
  • MomforNoah
    Options
    Nordstrom Rack, and Ross have great prices. Also Kohls :) I find really cute stuff at Target too.
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Kohls, Sears, JC Penny

<<<< this swimsuit is from Sears It was $18
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Online: I belong to The RealReal (consignment designer ie: Prada, Oscar de la Renta, etc.), and in person Value Village for designer sizes 2 like Ann Taylor, Christian Dior, Guess, BCBG Max Azria, etc. I also sew.
  • aleggett321
    aleggett321 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I love target for things like tanks and cardigans. The had some cute maxi skirts this summer but I don't know if I'd call a lot of their stuff "cute".
    I do most of my shopping online, particularly a relatively new site called Zulilly.com. They have "events" that last about three days then they end. It means new things show up everyday. The prices are great, I've picked up a lot of cute things in the $15 range. They have lots of both regular and plus size. The down side is that things don't ship immediately. They wait until the event is over until placing their order with their supplier. Quality is not high end...think Forever 21 or Kohl's but then I don't feel like I have to wear it forever.
    Other sites, avenue.com and northstyle.come but the latter is pricey.
    Happy shopping!