New to"eating clean"

Options
JBWILLOW
JBWILLOW Posts: 108 Member
Looking for people with open food diaries so that I can get different ideas on how to do this. Been doing it for 2 weeks so far, and so far so good... But I kind of am curious as to what other people eat. So, if you are one of these people, send me a request!!

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Join the clean eating group. Many there have open diaries and will be very willing to help you get started eating more healthfully.
  • JBWILLOW
    Options
    Just did! Thanks!
  • JBWILLOW
    Options
    bump
  • mustangEvie
    mustangEvie Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I try to eat clean as much as possible. I've been at it for about 2 months now.
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    Looking for people with open food diaries so that I can get different ideas on how to do this. Been doing it for 2 weeks so far, and so far so good... But I kind of am curious as to what other people eat. So, if you are one of these people, send me a request!!

Can view my diary all you want...
    Pick and choose what you think clean is. :wink:
  • dwarfiegodsmack
    dwarfiegodsmack Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    my diary is open, feel free to check it out

i average 1600 cals and you'll see chocolate and ice cream every day tho :tongue:
  • BetterKimmer
    BetterKimmer Posts: 178 Member
    Options

Can view my diary all you want...
    Pick and choose what you think clean is. :wink:

What he said. ^^^

I will send a FR
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Since this has tends to happen a lot, lets try to keep things on topic and not talk about cleaning food:

2. No Hi-Jacking, Trolling, or Flame-baiting

Please stay on-topic in an existing thread, and post new threads in the appropriate forum. Taking a thread off-topic is considered hi-jacking. Please either contribute politely and constructively to a topic, or move on without posting. This includes posts that encourage the drama in a topic to escalate, or posts intended to incite an uproar from the community.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    How do you define "Clean Eating?" Not sure if my food diary qualifies.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    How do you define "Clean Eating?" Not sure if my food diary qualifies.

Good question.

My diary is open and I eat lots of vegetables, fruit, and eggs, dairy, meat, some starches like potatoes, sweet potatoes and, yes, local corn, which I assume is anathema to "clean eaters," but who knows. Much of it is seasonal and local at the moment, since it's summer.

Also some other stuff, which may or may not horrify you, as I'm always confused about what standards apply.

I'm sure I'm not close to a "clean eater" under any normal definition, and I wouldn't ever claim the term, which I dislike, but if you want to see my efforts to eat a mostly healthy diet (I aim at 105 grams of protein/day and vegetables with every meal (not always achieved perfectly, of course)), feel free.

If you are only interested in purer diaries or completely disagree with my understanding of healthy, that's cool too.
  • Itslozzamate
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I have an open diary
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    Not sure how clean my diet is, but it is fairly well balanced and open for viewing.
  • JBWILLOW
    Options
    As you can see, I said I was NEW to all of this and I am trying to figure it all out. And thank you to those who simply sent me a request or said to send them one....I appreciate any help I can get
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    As you can see, I said I was NEW to all of this and I am trying to figure it all out. And thank you to those who simply sent me a request or said to send them one....I appreciate any help I can get

What do you consider clean eating? Is there a particular reason you have decided to eat cleanly? Will you still have "treats" or refrain completely? Good luck in your journey.
  • JBWILLOW
    Options
    Well to me it means eating something as close to its original state as possible... no processed foods.. no sugars, high fructose corn syrup, white flour..... eat a lot of veggies, lean meats, whole grains, good fats..... Am I wrong? I am asking for any help I can get, not to feel like I asked a stupid question )...... I decided to change my way of eating because I started to feel like **** all the time... always sluggish, no energy... I wanted to feel healthier and get better eating habits for myself and my children. And so far I do feel somewhat better.
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    A lot of those things are still very processed.