sugars in fruit

Options
I just wanted everyone elses opinion on the sugars that are in fruits. Im having a problem staying below my sugar limit and if I do i start feeling very very tired and usually what sets it over the edge (but not by much) is my fruit, how much to you really take into consideration of the sugars in fruit since fruit is good for you.

Replies

• links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    =if(OP=diabetic,worry,dontworry)
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    I eat fruit in moderation so I don't care about the sugar. And I have insulin resistance which means I need to watch carb intake. I am still able to fit in two servings of fruit a day.
  • horndave
    horndave Posts: 565
    Options
    Don't worry about my sugar intake from fruit. Personally just eat to a calorie goal.
  • nicolecharvel21
    nicolecharvel21 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I eat fruit in moderation so I don't care about the sugar. And I have insulin resistance which means I need to watch carb intake. I am still able to fit in two servings of fruit a day.

I eat mine in moderation as well and I am not diabetic and it doesnt run in my family, so ill take the minor excess of sugar intake from sugar not as serious as in other foods. Thank you :)
  • 365andstillalive
    365andstillalive Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I did a quick look through your diary, and it's not really the fruit that's putting you over your sugar content, it's other decisions, like the starbucks hot chocolate that eats up almost your entire sugar intake, or frosted mini-wheats, etc.

Sugar is something to watch, but if you're going over moderately, I wouldn't worry about it. The nutrients in fruits often out weigh the negatives of the sugar. Personally, I do my best to only eat 1-3 servings of fruit a day, and then fill up on veggies instead, which tend to be lower in sugar and more filling anyhow.

Really, the take away is that the less pre-packaged and processed foods you eat, the more room you'll have in your sugar intake for the fruits you love.
  • nicolecharvel21
    nicolecharvel21 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I did a quick look through your diary, and it's not really the fruit that's putting you over your sugar content, it's other decisions, like the starbucks hot chocolate that eats up almost your entire sugar intake, or frosted mini-wheats, etc.

Sugar is something to watch, but if you're going over moderately, I wouldn't worry about it. The nutrients in fruits often out weigh the negatives of the sugar. Personally, I do my best to only eat 1-3 servings of fruit a day, and then fill up on veggies instead, which tend to be lower in sugar and more filling anyhow.

Really, the take away is that the less pre-packaged and processed foods you eat, the more room you'll have in your sugar intake for the fruits you love.

yes i know that the starbucks is a major key but i really only "splurge" on that once a week if that so its a very and still on a normal day where i dont get it i have the same problems with my sugar
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    yes i know that the starbucks is a major key but i really only "splurge" on that once a week if that so its a very and still on a normal day where i dont get it i have the same problems with my sugar

Looks like it's a bit more than once/week.....