Snack ideas for a picky eater?

Options
I don't like most vegetable (especially juicier ones like tomato and squash). I LOVE sweet food. I definitely have a major sweet tooth.
Recently I've snacked a ton on bananas, Greek yogurt and low-fat string cheese.
Do you have any other ideas?
Edit: Also, is there a way I increase protein without increasing fat?

Replies

• mrsmitchell0510
    mrsmitchell0510 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I just had some Applegate uncured pepperoni and 1 oz. of Cabot Hot Habanero Cheddar cheese for a snack and it was delicious!
  • calton1
    calton1 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Cheese and crackers, cottage cheese with fruit, just about anything if you count calories.
  • peanutbutter_runner
    peanutbutter_runner Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Protein bar. Cinnamon roasted almonds. Sweet potato chips. Cottage cheese & pineapple. Baby carrots and either hummus or sunbutter.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Reduced fat cottage cheese is high protein, low fat and a yummy snack by itself or with some fresh fruit or diced bell pepper. I also make my own hummus so I can control the amount of oil. I like bell pepper with hummus also.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Pistachio nuts
    Cukes dipped in hummus
    Feta cheese
    Dark chocolate
    Dark chocolate covered almonds
    Dried fruit
    Pumpkin or sunflower seeds
    Ricotta cheese
    Any cheese you like.
    Olives
    Sour dough pretzels
  • Brandolin11
    Brandolin11 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I'd be curious what vegetables you have tried and how have you tried them (i.e., cooked, raw, with butter, spices, roasted, etc.). I've met many people who's mothers only either fed them yukky canned mushy veggies their whole life, or barely steamed the veggies and just slapped a little butter and salt on them and this is why people "don't like veggies". And then I roast a bunch of vegetables which have been marinaded in lemon-infused olive oil and balsamic glaze and then sprinkled with herbs and a fancy spice blend and roasted, for example, and people go crazy for them. What have you been exposed to?