Tea!

Options
Best caffeinated tea...go! (What do you like?)

Replies

• geneticsteacher
    geneticsteacher Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Love black tea and usually drink London Cuppa or Barry's Gold Blend - both available on Amazon.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Best caffeinated tea...go! (What do you like?)

All tea....

Unsweetened: Twining's Mixed Berry (FKA/ 4 Red Fruits), Lipton's Bavarian Wild Berry, Lipton's Superfruit Red Gogi & Raspberry

Sweetened: Twining's Apple Spice Chai, Yogi Mayan Cocoa Spice, Twining's Pumpkin Spice Chai.....the seasonal Twinings....I buy several boxes to tide me over.
  • Wilbur_NOLA
    Wilbur_NOLA Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Tazo Awake
  • Melmo1988
    Melmo1988 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan of black tea and I don't drink coffee so I guess I'm looking for something on the a sweet side that'll wake me up. I have depression and sleep apnea so I'm dead tried all the time.
  • Melmo1988
    Melmo1988 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I have a bunch of diff types of tea but all herbal and decaf :/ lol
  • jkbarrack
    jkbarrack Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Tazo Green Ginger
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Yogi.
  • qmmanager69
    qmmanager69 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Twinings Chai (for my afternoon fix) and Earl Gray in the morning.
  • Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,624 Member
    Options
    Most favourite: Mighty Leaf Green Tea Tropical
  • ash8184
    ash8184 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    OH man, I am a huge tea lover and if you could see the cabinets at my house and at my office, they're stuffed full.

Highly recommend anything seasonal from Trader Joe's. I also love the Tazo iced or hot greens, baked cinnamon apple (add a dash of stevia and a fresh cinnamon stick while brewing and it tastes like apple pie), iced or hot passion, and chai. Also love Republic of Tea Orange Blossom White, and their blueberry and raspberry seasonals.

Seriously, add a dash of stevia to any of these and it's just like dessert. SO GOOD.
  • ash8184
    ash8184 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Try white tea/a fruity blend - it tends to be a little sweeter!
  • LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Black teas:

Black Ikumi (Upton Tea)

Silonibari (Lupicia)

Green teas:

Matsuri Sencha (Lupicia)

Chiran Yutakamidori (Lupicia)

Oolong:

Milky-gold Mingxian (Lupicia)

Jasmine Chun Hao (Lupicia and others)

Non-tea infusions:

Dragonfruit Devotion (Teavana) (no caffeine)
  • jyogit
    jyogit Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    used to live in pg tips but stopped a while ago and went onto green tea's instead .. any flavour going but i think the green lemon tea wins most days
  • LAT1963
    Options
    From posts I see most of you are drinking widely-available grocery store teas. If you can afford it, consider trying some of the varietal green teas from some of the web-based importers.

There really is a big difference in tea quality, similar to wines; the higher grade teas are sold wearing the name of the estate where they are grown.

Just like with wine, the inexpensive stuff is great for everyday, but it's nice to sit down and savor something special once in awhile.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan of black tea and I don't drink coffee so I guess I'm looking for something on the a sweet side that'll wake me up. I have depression and sleep apnea so I'm dead tried all the time.

The Lipton Superfruit Green teas are really fruity. With green tea just make sure the water is not too hot. Steeping in water that's been at a full boil tends to make the tea a bit bitter.

Iced Tea? This is good.......

CITRUS GINGER GREEN TEA

1 1-inch piece of ginger peeled and sliced
    1 orange thinly sliced, leaving the peel on
    1 lemon thinly sliced, leaving the peel on
    2 family size green tea bags (or 8 single bags)
    1 tablespoon honey or to taste (optional)

Heat 1 qt of water with ginger slices to just boiling. Remove from heat and add tea bags, steep for 3-4 minutes. Add the fruit slices and steeped tea to a gallon pitcher. Let stand about 10-15 minutes, then add honey and stir. Add enough ice and cold water to fill the pitcher. Taste will be stronger the second day. Rub fruit slices against the back of a slotted spoon to release some juices.
  • LAT1963
    Options

The Lipton Superfruit Green teas are really fruity. With green tea just make sure the water is not too hot. Steeping in water that's been at a full boil tends to make the tea a bit bitter.

<abbreviated>

Amen to the green tea and bitterness advice. I went so far as to buy myself a tea thermometer to make sure I brew green tea at the right temperature. From prior posts you can see I'm sometimes brewing a more expensive tea--no point paying extra and then preparing it wrong--but even a grocery store green tastes better if you don't "cook" it.
  • weightliftingaddict
    Options
    I swear by this combo which I brew religiously in a Mr Coffee Tea Maker: Yerba Mate, black tea, green tea, ginseng, and mint tea (the mint is to lift and balance). Add honey or agave nectar to sweeten.