When did you see your "muffin top" start to go away?

If I'm in the wrong subject area, SORRY :l

I've got a serious muffin top, even without jeans pushing them up, I mean my lower back and upper back are practically best friends even without clothes. I've lost ten pounds since May but it's really hard for me to believe it because I don't see much progress even with a before and after comparison. I know there isn't any magical spot reducing workout but once I see my lower back fat start to shrink I think I'll definitely feel some achievement. I also know that everyone's bodies are different and they'll see progress in different spots at different times. But when did you start to see progress in that area?

Replies

• galprincess
    galprincess Posts: 683 Member
    I started with a muffin top and 28lbs later i only have 1 with skinny jeans i have had 3 children so not sure if that makes a difference but ive definitely lost a lot of fat
  • madz0007
    madz0007 Posts: 31 Member
    I'm in the same boat, I have lost 11 lbs and can't see much difference and certainly nobody else has noticed. My favourite jeans do fall down now if I don't wear a belt :)

I really would like to see a bigger improvement in my waist. I'm going to start monitoring my measurements rather than just weight and see where the weight is leaving from.
  • Cryptonomnomicon
    Cryptonomnomicon Posts: 848 Member
    For me the sides of my stomach are the last place to lose unwanted fat as a male, I even develop a 6 pack before that last remainder of unwanted extra bit of fat disappears as it were. It can be very dependent on the individual eg the first place I lose fat is in my face, whereas others it is the last place.

ETA: Just keep putting one foot in front of the other and you will get there, consistency is key.
  • joyfuljoy65
    joyfuljoy65 Posts: 317 Member
    After about 28lb I noticed my muffin top was going - i had lost inches but it takes a while for that stubborn fat to go! Now I have as flat a stomach as 3 pregnancies and 25 years of obesity is going to let me and no muffin top at all at the sides, nope not even when I sit down.

Thank you for making me appreciate my weight loss again - it gets harder to remember how you were! Take photos and MEASURE! I was 42inches round the waist - I am now 30inches :happy:
  • That's definitely good to hear and great for you!
  • After about 28lb I noticed my muffin top was going - i had lost inches but it takes a while for that stubborn fat to go! Now I have as flat a stomach as 3 pregnancies and 25 years of obesity is going to let me and no muffin top at all at the sides, nope not even when I sit down.

Thank you for making me appreciate my weight loss again - it gets harder to remember how you were! Take photos and MEASURE! I was 42inches round the waist - I am now 30inches :happy:

That's encouraging to know that it will go at some point. Glad I could help you appreciate all the work you've done :)