Recommendations for a Protein Powder

Options
I am consistently low on protein and I am think of incorporating a protein powder into my diet. I have no idea where to buy though, does anyone have a recommendation?

Replies

• Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    cytosport chocolate whey protein

bodybuilding.com
    supplementwarehouse.com

probably most major nutrition websites
  • RodHudson1229
    RodHudson1229 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    We get hours form Costco and use Cytosport whey. Tastes great with water or milk. I prefer to use it in my smoothies
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    I use amplify XL from GNC.

I would suggest going to a GNC or Vitamin Shoppe (I think Wal-Mart, grocery stores, and other supplement shops have them too) to get the single serving packets they sell. You can try many different ones to figure out what you like without having to invest in a giant tub of the stuff.
  • gelar93
    gelar93 Posts: 160
    Options
    Does anyone have any comments on the FitMiss protein powder? It's got good reviews everywhere I looked up and it's only 90 calories/scoop. Really tempted to give it a go
  • JourneyingJessica
    JourneyingJessica Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I love optimum nutrition (French vanilla & extreme milk chocolate are my favorites!)

Best price I've found has been amazon of all places. 2lbs (about 30 servings) for $30.
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey is the best tasting stuff I've found, particularly the mocha cappuccino variety. I buy it from BB.com.
  • hmrambling
    hmrambling Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    +1 on Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein
  • jim180155
    jim180155 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    +1 on Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein

+4?

I too get mine from Amazon. Extreme chocolate is my favorite flavor.

And I just received a 4 lb tub of ON casein powder for slow release protein to take before bed. I hear the casein usually doesn't taste as good, but I'm waiting to find out for myself.
  • LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    Whatever doesn't make you spend your nights on the toilet.
  • marissanik
    marissanik Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Get mine from GNC or even a Walmart brand when I was first starting out.

Gold Standard 100% whey is my preference
  • jim180155
    jim180155 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Whatever doesn't make you spend your nights on the toilet.

I'll mix it with 12 oz of almond milk. I'm pretty sure that will require an extra trip to the bathroom, although I'll be standing up. And I wear my Fitbit when I sleep. The more trips to the bathroom I make, the more steps I get. With any luck, I'll get in a couple miles before I wake up.
  • rachelilly
    Options
    I have Optimum Nutrition 100% whey double rich chocolate and vanilla ice cream. I like them both. I mix with water and they're easy to take and the texture is good.