Bread

Options
I like to eat the Warburtons seeded batch. But it is high in calories. Well only by about 40 cals.
Brown bread is around 90 cals a slice...but it doesn't fill me as much as the seeded ones.

Which is the healthiest, and should I just stick with the 90cal brown bread

Nevermind just gonna stick with the bread I love :)

Replies

• NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I think generally breads with more whole grains, nuts and seeds in them are healthier because the carbs are better. Plain whole wheat bread is highly processed and the carbs are more refined, meaning they will be digested faster, and will cause a bigger raise in blood sugar.
  • katschi
    katschi Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Nevermind just gonna stick with the bread I love :)

Exactly! Stick with what you love so you'll stick with your new eating plan.
    Enjoy.
  • natfrolova
    Options
    If you are looking for a healthy bread choice try organic sprouted whole grain bread. It's tasty and the process of sprouting make it more beneficial as a food in many ways. It increases the content of vitamins (e.g., C, B2, B5, and B6) and beta carotene dramatically. Even more important it breaks down phytic acid which inhibits the body’s absorption of calcium, magnesium, iron, copper, and zinc and can neutralize digestive enzymes, resulting in digestive disorders. Sprouting breaks down the complex sugars responsible for intestinal gas and transforms a portion of the starch into sugar.