Best heart rate monitor?

Options
I've never actively tracked my heart rate and I need to start. Any recommendations for a good heart rate monitor? I don't want to spend a ton of money; but I also don't want to get something cheap that doesn't work. I'm looking for accurate and user-friendly. Also would appreciate if you could include price and where I can get it. Thanks! :)

Replies

• ladybug91254
    ladybug91254 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I JUST ordered one from Best Buy $89...a Polar FT4 because I had heard it was good and the price wasn't horrible. But I haven't received/used it yet. There are a lot of posts on HRM's though.
  • ktbug1186
    ktbug1186 Posts: 266
    Options
    i have a polar FT7 AND LOVE IT!! :)
  • mmelaragno
    Options
    I just got my Polar in the mail last night and haven't had a chance to use it yet either. All the posts I've read recommended Polar, and when looking at them on various sites they all had between 4-5 stars and great reviews. Mine was $89 as well, which isn't too bad.
  • fatBgone80
    Options
    I JUST ordered one from Best Buy $89...a Polar FT4 because I had heard it was good and the price wasn't horrible. But I haven't received/used it yet. There are a lot of posts on HRM's though.

OMG! Thank you for postinging this. I was going to buy the Polar FT4 tomorrow on an online website for the same price, but when you posted this comment, I called Best Buy & they had one left. I rather see what I'm buying so I hate buying online. Thank you again for the info.

BTW- The Plar FT4 I heard is the best one for a low price.
  • CobraBubbles
    Options
    I actually just picked up the F4 @ my local CitySports for the same price (just a few days ago). One of the best investments I have ever made. Such an awesome gadget!! It really keeps you in check. I have been eating my exercise calories lately and having great results.
  • alliecore
    alliecore Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! It looks like it isn't going to be hard to make my pick, lol. I really appreciate all the input.
  • tater8589
    tater8589 Posts: 616
    Options
    I hear a lot of good about polar, I personally own a Suunto that I ordered 3.5-4 years ago online and still love it. It has a chest strap that is compatable with most machines (i haven't found one yet that wasn't compatable). The only issues I have had 1) getting used to the chest strap, it is cold when you put it on lol 2) the face of my watch is huge, I wasn't used to anything larger than a nickle at the time.
  • Ssminey79
    Ssminey79 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I received the New Balance N4 and really like it as well!
  • msdwall
    msdwall Posts: 2
    Options
    Hello I just purchased the New Balance N4 HRM and I am having some difficulty with it. How do I set it up to find out how many calories I have burned during my workout?

Thanks,
    Bride2b827