California Pizza Kitchen

Options
I may have a lunch meeting there soon and I have never been - I looked at their online nutrition information and it was...well...probably not any different than any other restaurant, but still (their salads' calories...geez!).

Anyhow, has anyone that has been there recommend anything or give some pointers? I'd like to stay under 800 cal, but also want to hear what folks have liked. Also, for their pizza listings, what size are they? They give no information on the page I saw...

TIA!

Replies

• atomiclauren
    atomiclauren Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    After looking over the menu more - oh my carbs! I'm leaning toward something fish-related even though I may feel silly ordering it at a pizza place :P
  • twotacotuesday
    Options
    most salad bars have oil and vinegar. Just load a salad up with veggies and fruit and use oil and vinegar.
  • jessieinblue
    jessieinblue Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I actually like CPK. It's a decent choice as far as chains go. I would steer clear of the salads and pastas. Stick with the pizzas. They're are about ten inches in diameter, cut into either six or eight slices (I've seen both). They don't really expect you to eat the entire pizza. I eat two slices and take the rest away in a box.

I've tried the Wild Mushroom and the Pear and Gorgonzola. . . . The latter was better.
  • rachelrauth
    Options
    i had a similar problem at CPK the other day. they offer half size salads and I would just get the dressing on the side or only eat half the pizza. that would keep you right around 400-600 calories.
  • jennylynn84
    Options
    Pear and Gorgonzola is awesome. I always get that with hubby and split it down the middle and eat half. That's more than enough food, believe me and its about 650 or something like that for half the pizza.

A lot of their pizzas are easy to incorporate for under 800 if you only eat half. Also check out - I believe they have some thin crusts. Their salads, as I recall, are a disaster.
  • atomiclauren
    atomiclauren Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Thanks again everyone. I went yesterday and had the thin crust artichoke and spinach - ate half of it which was just under 500 calories. I made sure to drink plenty of water but a couple hours later I felt kinda crappy - I'm thinking it was the sodium (almost 1200mg for the half of it!).
  • artgoddess
    artgoddess Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm going tomorow. has anyone had one of their small bites? Are they filling. I was thinking that and splitting a salad.