Having Trouble.

Options
I re-started my workout routine three weeks ago, around the same time I joined MFP. I have found that I've become obsessed with logging my food and counting calories, and I've made it to the gym every day in my "workout week." However, today is the end of my third week and I don't have any weight loss to show. Okay, maybe 2 pounds, depending on what day it is. I weigh myself way too often and always tell myself that I'm not going to "count it" until Monday morning, but it's aggravating knowing that throughout the week I'm still the exact same weight that I was when I started.

MFP placed me on a 1200 calorie per day diet and I have stuck to that for the most part. I'm getting decent exercise in - 60 minutes a day, 4 days a week (100% more than what I was doing before I started!). I was hoping I would be seeing results faster. A couple years ago I went on a workout binge and lost weight rather quickly. I thought back then that I had noticed weight loss right away. I'm just getting pretty frustrated that I'm not seeing results.

Am I jumping the gun? Just being impatient? I thought after 3 weeks of working out I'd get someone to ask me if I had started working out (usually the first place I lose weight is in my face). I'm trying to convince myself that I'm gaining all of my muscles back and therefore not losing weight yet................

Any ideas or suggestions?

Replies

• knsidaway
    Options
    I had the same problem. However, when I take away breads, sugars and such, the weight has been dropping. If you don't want to give them up entirely, maybe you could just limit your self to one of two a day until you notice the weight coming off. Once I made that change, I finally started losing weight, and it's only been 4 days (and 4 pounds less). Just something to try. Good luck
  • stephaluphagus
    Options
    I feel your frustration..i try not to get on the scale everyday but its hard..i've been doing this for 6 months and have only lost 15 pounds..i know i've gained muscle..and my face is thinner..but i still see all that fat around my stomach and thighs..and the dimpling..ugh..i'm starting to think its because i'm older..the last time i did this and lost all my weight.seemed to be fairly easy..i NEVER weighed myself and although it took 2 yrs..i didnt really notice..that was 3 yrs ago..now i'm obsessed.maybe thats our problem? its just not happening as fast as we like? i dont know thats what i'm telling myself and trying not to get frustated..good luck!
  • txjulie
    txjulie Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I would try to only weigh yourself one time a week and at the same time of day. Are your clothes feeling loose? Did you measure to see if you are loosing inches? Hang in there and stick through this slow period. I wonder if you are eating enough calories? If you are not eating enough your body will hold onto the weight.
  • GabrielMaestas
    GabrielMaestas Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a wee little bit of impatience. The human body is 70% water. Its gonna fluxuate a bit and weight loss can be a bit, whats the scientific term?,...oh yeah, willy nilly. It can be willy nilly at times. Stay the course :o)
  • ahbach2005
    Options
    Make sure your daily caloric intake is high enough. You may not be taking in enough calories to lose weight and your body could be in storage mode.

Also did you take any measurements so that you can compare? It helps show progress that you may not otherwise recognize.

Also if you want to jump start things cut back on carbs as mentioned in the other posts.

I always look at my week for my gains. It's hard but it is the only way I am successful.
  • rbcool
    rbcool Posts: 20
    Options
    If you weigh everyday you'll get discouraged and start slacking off. Try focussing on the process or habit rather than the outcome.
    Also , Some people lose inches first before lbs. Just stay on the path... your doing great !!:smile: