trying to stay focus

Options
hello everyone,
I am trying to stay focus. My main goal is to be heallthy. It's hard to be healthy when your fiancee' is a chef and he's always trying new things. Also my lack of support makes me sometimes give up on something that i really want.

Replies

• dpressman
    dpressman Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you. I have been losing weight for the past 3 years and am having trouble keeping my eye on the prize. I have lost almost 100 lbs and am kinda sick of watching everything I eat and working out all the time. I also fear that once I hit my goal I won't know what to do with myself. How I am trying to deal with this is to try and track as much as possible and find people at the gym to work out with or at least meet up with. I know that I have to be healthy for me and for my kids and sometimes it is really hard to remember why I started on this journey in the first place. I carry around my before picture and that definitely keeps me in line. Hope it helps for you realize you are not in this alone. I am sure if you asked your fiance for support he would give it to you. Have him try new foods with some of his other friends or have him cook healthier - after all, isn't that what the new trend is????
  • paperdoll35
    Options
    Encourage your fiannce' to cook healthier foods- this may be a great way to develop a new love for food that is healthy for you and for him.
  • Jaypea15
    Jaypea15 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Wow, your fiance should be well equipt to cook you up something that is low fat and well within calorie range. Some people do lose focus, but as a friend of mine once said NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS BEING SLIM FEELS. Just keep this in mind and remind yourself what prompted you to come here in the first place, and what small goals you set yourself. I do find that having so many friends in the same boat as me helps a lot, and they motivate you big time, with words of encouragement and advice. Go for it..... remember, nothing tastes as good as being slim feels. Good luck, and add me as a friend if you want. :happy:
  • karenmiller2
    Options
    Hello im new to this and cant wait to see my progress on screen to hopefully keep me motivated and my weight loss steady xx
  • niece2fresh
    Options
    thanks for the encouragement, I will keep in mind i am not the only person walking down this road and keep that picture is a great idea.
  • niece2fresh
    Options
    I feel the same way i can't wait to see some positive results
  • niece2fresh
    Options
    I love that quote...and your right when you have friends that are in the same boat as you it makes it easier.
  • Jaypea15
    Options
    Heres another one for you:

Don't Quit
    When you've eaten too much and you can't write it down, And you feel like the biggest failure in town.
    When you want to give up just because you gave in, and forget all about being healthy and thin. So What! You went over your points a bit, It's your next move that counts...So don't you quit!
    It's a moment of truth, it's an attitude change. It's learning the skills to get back in your range. It's telling yourself, "You've done great up till now. You can take on this challenge and beat it somehow."
    It's part of your journey toward reaching your goal. You're still gonna make it, just stay in control.
    To stumble and fall is not a disgrace, If you summon the will to get back in the race. But, often the struggler's, when loosing their grip, Just throw in the towel and continue to slip.
    And learn too late when the damage is done, that the race wasn't over...they still could have won.
    Lifestyle change can be awkward and slow, but facing each challenge will help you grow.
    Success is failure turned inside out, the silver tint in a cloud of doubt.
    When you're pushing to the brink, just refuse to submit, If you bite it, you write it.... But don't you quit!
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options

Don't Quit
    When you've eaten too much and you can't write it down, And you feel like the biggest failure in town.
    When you want to give up just because you gave in, and forget all about being healthy and thin. So What! You went over your points a bit, It's your next move that counts...So don't you quit!
    It's a moment of truth, it's an attitude change. It's learning the skills to get back in your range. It's telling yourself, "You've done great up till now. You can take on this challenge and beat it somehow."
    It's part of your journey toward reaching your goal. You're still gonna make it, just stay in control.
    To stumble and fall is not a disgrace, If you summon the will to get back in the race. But, often the struggler's, when loosing their grip, Just throw in the towel and continue to slip.
    And learn too late when the damage is done, that the race wasn't over...they still could have won.
    Lifestyle change can be awkward and slow, but facing each challenge will help you grow.
    When you're pushing to the brink, just refuse to submit, If you bite it, you write it.... But don't you quit!

oh im going to save this on my desktop! thanks
  • Jaypea15
    Options
    No problem.... good isnt it?
  • loushep
    loushep Posts: 191
    Options

Don't Quit

Love it :heart: