sue_stef
sue_stef Posts: 194 Member
Hi here is my success story so far
I have been heavy all my life
I'm the short fat cute friend
always have been
I never had a problem with my size because I like me
that was until December 2nd 2013
in November I found a lump in my breast so called my doctor to make an appointment
I was then scheduled for a full check up because it had been a while since I had been in
my weight was 241lbs
I had a full blood work up
I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure and high cholesterol
my doctor (a nurse practitioner in a small town) was near tears
she started talking about the various medications I would be put on
I started to cry telling her there is no way I can go on any of them
you see I have a little boy who is severely autistic he can get into everything and those would kill him
there is no lock this boy cannot get into
I asked for 3 months of diet and exercise to show her I could fix things
she gave me 2
in 2 months I impressed her so I was given another 3 months
after that 3 months she was so happy with my results that I was told I did not need to see her till November
with diet and exercise I put myself into a "pre diabetic" state fixed my high cholesterol and fixed my high blood pressure
I went from a 9.7A1c to a 6.0 in 5 months
since then I have kept going my hope is in November to have my A1c a 5.5 or better
so here are my before pictures
2013-10-24102334.jpg

that is a picture I took to order glasses online

here is a recent picture I took to order new glasses
2014-08-050616091.jpg

here is a picture of me in January after having lost 16lbs at the start of a DietBet with a group of friends
2014-01-05194343.jpg

and one I took the other day at a resale shop because the dress is just too cute
2014-08-11105846.jpg

how did I do it?
I cut the crap
and walked
and went swimming
and weighed and measured what I ate(still do)
drank water
and logged in everyday
I got a fitbit
I went from a 22/24 womens
to a 10/12
I have a lot of loose skin it will hopefully go down a bit with time if not that is OK it is better than being fat and sick
I have more energy
I sleep better
and that is about it
I have a bit more to go I went from 241 to 163lbs I am no longer Obese I am now "just" overweight for my height
my goal is by the end of September to be 150lbs and then maybe 140 by the end of the year
Sure hope the pics work if not I will fix them

Replies

• rh091
    rh091 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Wow congratulations, you look great! I'm 5'5 but just starting a very similar journey from ~ 250 to goal of 160. It's nice to see it's possible :)
  • sue_stef
    Options
    It can be done just keep at it find something you can live with and make it happen
  • yc4king
    yc4king Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Great work, and you should be around for your son a good bit longer now too!
  • cutiepie2628
    cutiepie2628 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Wow! what a freaking story...way to go...
  • Joy545
    Joy545 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Well done, you're an amazing lady. I love how you refused to go on the medication, and have lost the weight the normal way!
    I'm also starting a similar journey (today is day 5) I have to lose 132 lbs (60 kg's)! After reading your story I'm even more inspired, keep up the fantastic work!! :smile:
  • Stacey33ky
    Options
    Congratulations, it always makes me smile to see someone accomplishing their goals. You look amazing and keep up the good work!
  • NC_Girl
    NC_Girl Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Awesome job!
  • staylo13
    staylo13 Posts: 13
    Options
    What an awesome job you have done. Plus you look about 15 years younger!
  • bpp23
    bpp23 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Great job!!:smile:
  • Mhgretsch
    Mhgretsch Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You should be SO proud of yourself! Keep up the great work:smile:
  • hotsungirl
    hotsungirl Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    FANTASTIC!
  • debilang
    debilang Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    HAPPY you refused the meds!!! You PROVED what definitely could be done...your mission was to continue to raise your son...and you DID it. THANKS for sharing :):) :flowerforyou:
  • marykat968
    marykat968 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You are an inspiration to me...way to go! I'm 45 and it was a trip to the doctor that also put my butt in gear. Prediabetic, high blood pressure and bad cholesterol. Throw in sleep apnea and heartburn. And that all came on from being roughly 35 pounds overweight. You look fantastic, but even better than that must feel so much better. Great job!
  • sue_stef
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
    It can be done there is loads of support here and Im lucky I have very understanding kids (5 total) and a great husband who also lost about 45lbs along with me
    my older boys would watch the younger ones while I either went on long walks around town or walked on the treadmill
    the big boys even lift weights with me (when I get a bug up my butt to do it this summer I have been outside more)
    The biggest thing was changing my portion sizes
    it got rid of heartburn
    and a ton of weight
  • smithcentral
    smithcentral Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Congratulations!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • I_need_moar_musclez
    I_need_moar_musclez Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Great work, you look fantastic! Most of all, you look so happy! :)
  • luvdogz
    luvdogz Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    So motivating! Thanks for sharing, you look amazing!!!
  • vkdarling
    vkdarling Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Amazing job! Love the list of how you did it - and glad to see that what I'm doing matches up lol. I hope to get results like you have!!! Congrats!
  • tiggsnanny
    tiggsnanny Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Wow you look so different, well done on your achievement :flowerforyou:
  • 100toloose
    100toloose Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Wow.. what a story. TRULY INSPIRATIONAL AND YOU LOOK AMAZING!!!!
    Thank you for sharing !!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!