Biggest loser weigh in on wii. How accurate?

Options
I just got the Biggest Loser Challenge for my wii. Today was my weigh in. I weighed in on the wii and it said I weighed 152. My regular scale this morning said 159. My regular scale always gives me a different weight, so I usually weigh 3 times and use the weight that was given twice...if that makes sense.

So which do you think is more accurate? I have no clue....

Replies

• angiesteele
    angiesteele Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    My wii weighs about 2 lbs lower than what my home scale says.
  • Gretchen27
    Gretchen27 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Bump! I use Wii Fit and was wondering the same thing.
  • Simonscat
    Simonscat Posts: 249
    Options
    I used the wii fit.
    When I weighed myself and on a normal scale, they were both the same!
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    My wii is a pound or two off. I don't think it matters which one you use as long as you go by the same one each time.
  • jesstroxel
    Options
    I have the BLC on Wii and its is a pound or two different as my regular scales. If you are using your wii board on carpet it will throw your weight so it is not right.
  • MercuryBlue
    MercuryBlue Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    My Wii actually weighs me in at a pound heavier than my digital scale. I track my loss using the Wii scale, though, because it's got that handy-dandy chart and is smart enough to 'remember' my results.

I have the same problem with my scale giving different weights. I weigh myself three or four times. When the same weight comes up three times in a row, I go with that. In the end, I think what matters more isn't what your weight 'actually' is, so much as what your loss is. So whichever scale you choose to go by, use THAT scale consistently. It will accurately show what you're losing- even if it's not accurately showing your weight. If that makes sense.

Edit to add:

I play the Biggest Loser for Wii and don't find ANYTHING to be super-accurate on there. Like, it 'punishes' me if I go over my calories- so, basically, it DOESN'T want me to eat my work-out calories (Eff that!). It gives me 'bonus points', though, if I'm below my target. So whereas MFP will say, 'Hey, eat more!' if I log 1150 calories eaten in a day, my TBL game will be like, 'Oh, great job!'

The TBL game also is REALLY inaccurate when it comes to guessing how many calories you burned during a workout. I worked out for 45 minutes last night and burned 403 calories (from my HRM). The game told me that I'd burned about 60 calories. Yeah, right- that's as many as I would have burned sitting on my butt playing a regular videogame!

So, generally speaking, I don't listen to anything that game tells me with regards to calorie intake or calories burned- so I probably wouldn't have too much faith in their 'scale', either.
  • iamme1414
    Options
    My Wii is always off 10lbs or so less. I believe it is wrong as my clothes fit as my home scales says that I am. I'm going to try a scale outside the home as now I'm curious.

Usually the AM I weigh 3lbs or so less then afternoons - so that is usually factored in as well.
  • mandijo
    mandijo Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I've heard that it can be horribly inaccurate if you are on carpet. Once we tried it using the wii fit on our carpet and it was over 25 pounds off.
  • AGoodExample
    Options
    I did do it on carpet so I will NOT be relying on that weigh in =)
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    My Wii is always off anywhere between 16 and 40 pounds. It has never been even close to my actual weight. I can step on and off over and over again and it doesn't give the same weight twice. It has always been on level hardwood floors too. The graph on the screen cracks me up, it looks like a mountain range! I rely on my $20 digital scale in the bathroom.
  • mirandam1076
    Options
    Not accurate especially on carpet. Wii is about 7 lbs under.
  • adhillman01
    Options
    The Wii balance board comes with four little footie things that raise it up so it will be accurate on the carpet.
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    I find the biggest loser totally off with most things, it says I am 2lb less than the wii fit, EA active puts me at 2lb less too though.

I do think the wii balance board is alright for weighing in though. I seem to lose 1lb a week and gain slightly later in the day. I also put on 3lb over xmas, which I was expecting. I always put it in the exact same spot though, so even if the weight started off wrong, I know how much its changing by.