For anyone who can help, I have a question for you all!

Options
I am 5ft tall, and I am currently 106lbs at 18 years old.. I am still hoping to lose a little more but it has been so very hard the past few months. I have BDD so I fear I will not ever be able to see myself as thin or even enjoy the pounds shed.. I started at 162lbs, with a grand weight loss of 56lbs all in total but I still don't feel like I 'see' or 'feel' any changes.. Anyway- I'm veering off my question.

I have been following a strict 1000 calorie diet, and I know I am going to get my head kicked off for it but I have to be honest if I want real answers. Has any petite ladies ever gone through with a diet at this caloric rate? I have been doing so for about 6 months and Ofcourse I feel so very sluggish and I want to get to feeling better while still losing weight or if it would be better for me- to maintain. I want to know everyones' personal opinion on how my caloric rate should actually be, while I am homebound with minimal excersize due to my severe anxiety- it is why I have yearned for a low caloric intake. I understand the deficet idea and that it's calories in and calories out, which is what makes me fear raising my calories at all.

I want to get over my extreme obsession with refusing to, or feeling guilty eating up to 1,200 calories. I would love any advice anyone can offer. I hope I don't come off as uneducated and just silly for what I do, I just have been working so hard to drop all of this weight off- any caloric raise as been a huge fear of mine and I have such trouble even trying to do so.

Also! With a blood sugar of 78, am I at any worry to keep carbs really low? Is there any good range you guys follow?
Thanks so much, and have a brilliant night!

EDIT: Bloody heck, I have one more question.. has anyone had any weight gain while using Xanax? Thank you again!

Replies

• michikade
    michikade Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    You're already at the low end of the healthy weight scale for your height, so I would personally suggest eating more (particularly protein) and starting a strength training regimen. You don't necessarily need a gym for that - just find some stuff around your house that's heavy and lift it around or get a set of dumbbells and kettle bells and the like. I'm sure some people around here can give you very specific tips for that but I feel that you would see more of a change in your body if you work on getting some muscle definition rather than eating so little. I really don't think that last 13 pounds you're trying to lose will help you feel any better.
  • BornxVillain
    BornxVillain Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    @Michikade, Thank you so much for your advice, I will definitely start some weight training. Many posts have me really wanting to try it out, saying that lots of body changes, tightening, as well as feeling better comes from it. Thank you again for your reply- It made me feel a little better. Do you have specific idea of how many grams of Protein would be best?
  • Krikit34
    Krikit34 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    In another post, you said your doctor believes you are under weight. You need to listen to your doctor.
  • BornxVillain
    Options
    Based on my height and weight I am not underweight and I still have so much bodyfat on me. I couldn't possibly consider myself underweight while looking as big as I do. That same doctor said a healthy weight for me would be 150lbs.. I can't exactly believe that that would be OK for me. I am getting an assesment from a new doctor, so hopefully they will have better insight for me.
  • my_2_cents
    my_2_cents Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Lifting weights also requires you to eat. Time to start listening to your Dr and everyone else here, you do not have any weight to lose if you wish to be healthy!
  • BornxVillain
    Options
    @my_2_cents- Thank you very much for your post. I appreciate it a lot, I do so very much want to be healthy and happy with myself. :smile:

Guess it's time to get myself some weights!!
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    Duck face
  • BornxVillain
    Options
    @raggedypond, Thanks for your input!