too few cals

xabbix
xabbix Posts: 14
edited September 23 in Motivation and Support
Im having so much trouble using up all my calories... i always feel full and cant phsyically eat anything else.
Ive tried drinking less water to not fill up so much and also tried decreasing my cal intake but thats not worked either lol
Any suggestions guys?xx

Replies

• Try eating a handful of almonds or maybe adding some peanut butter ( I prefer almond butter)... if you're lacking a lot of calories, try a protein shake.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,294 Member
    You don't have to eat more food, just eat food that is more calorie dense.
    Eat nuts or seeds as a snack, switch from skim to 1% milk (or 1% to 2%) eat full fat versions of things (sour cream, yogurt, cottage cheese, salad dressings) Add olive oil to soups and sauces, add avocado to salads and sandwiches. Have a glass of juice instead of 1 glass of water.

Again you don't have to eat more food just make different food choices if you are having trouble eating enough calories
  • rbcool
    rbcool Posts: 20
    " I feel Ya"... I'm either under or over my caorie limit !! It's like trying to hit a moving target !!!... Maybe we need TARGET PRACTICE. l:ohwell:
  • I go through phases where I'm not hungry and not eating enough calories. I don't know what causes it.
    Have you tried drinking milk or something yummy to make up the calories? That might help. :bigsmile:
  • xabbix
    xabbix Posts: 14
    thanks guys :) i dont eat alot of dairy as we only keep small amounts in the house as my eldest has a dairy intolerance. but i think i'll buy the nuts and seeds (yummy :D !!!)
    its even worse though when i exercise as i burn off ALL my calories lol. i only manage about 800/900 at the mo and my workout dvd burns 800odd.
    are there any other high calorie foods? (im a veggie bearing in mind) xx
This discussion has been closed.