Need some support for bday party diet plan

Options
I've been trying to lose weight all my life. Now, my 21st bday party coming up in 20 days! I'm not gving up nw & wanna look prettiest in my once in a lifetime party... Please do support me.. I hv a total body cleansing plan whereby i'll only b eating OATS, OAT BRAN, FRUITS & VEGETABLES for 20 days. I need all the support i can get. If possible, do join me to boost me up n i know i wont b alone. I'll posting my progress here everyday & hope for u to do so too... Lets get started!

Replies

• PlumpKitten
    PlumpKitten Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Oats + veg + fruit is basically all carb. OK, good carbs - but still...

You're going to want some lean protein in there. Egg-white omelets, chicken, fish, tofu, yogurt.

Plus, it's one thing to plan on one of these very restrictive, fad-type diets in the beginning. But, in reality, very few people can eat just sugar-free oatmeal, fruit & veg for 20 days straight. (And, nor should they).

Ultimately, it's just calories in, calories out. If you're eating 20 bowls of oatmeal, a huge bunch of bananas and a handful of advocao a day -- and it's adding up to tons of calories -- you still won't lose weight. Better to have a more varied diet, but with lower calories.

This is something you do for 20 days -- go to the gym every day between now and the big day. Either do a system like Jillian Michael's 30-day Shred. Or alternate weights / circuits one day, and cardio the next.
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    you are absolutely adorable! regardless of what happens in the next 20 days you will be the prettiest girl on your 21st birthday!
  • Normalg
    Normalg Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    For me personally even good carbs make my belly bigger. We all have different reactions to foods and diets. I definitely agree with gym daily, drink your water and watch your calories :) best of luck and that's the best gift to yourself
  • LissaK1981
    LissaK1981 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I would focus on veggies 1st then the others. Eat some stir fry, salads, and curries like crazy. Just opt for low sodium, low sugar sauces. Add little bits of nuts and seeds for good fats and to help get that crunchy satiated fulfillment feeling. I love S&B japanese curry. A little bit goes a long way on veggies. Some peanuts or almonds and siracha. It tastes so bad but really good stuff. I have been hooked on chinese cabbage lately. A few days before your party start adding a little bit of dandelion greens to your salads. They are a natural diuretic and will help you shed a touch of water weight, plus they are super good for ya. Are you going out to party or you hosting something at home? If you want some appetizer recipes hit me up. I just found some really cute ones.
  • deeviya
    deeviya Posts: 4
    Options
    Thank you very much for all your concerns, tips & support everyone! Oats is a very good food when it comes to fat burning & so r vegetables & fruits. so i dont think i'l b gaining any weight. I've also heard many experinces from people who have gone through the diet who have succeeded. Its been a week since i've started this diet. I'm thinking of slowly starting to eat other normal foods & exercise on the last 7 days before my bday as i shouldn't suddely eat the normal food in a day (i might damage my gall bladder)

Thank you again to everyone :) i'll post my b4 & after pics after the party & continue with normal diet & exercise afterwards. And yes, i'm a very big fan of Jillian Michaels & hv downloaded her 30 days shred workout in my phone.. Will start doing after the party as i shouldn't do vigorous activity now.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!