Easiest diet ever!

This diet automatocally creates a calorie deficit. And it appeals to me because it doesn't involve counting. I'm not saying anyone should do it, you do you and I do me. You basically eat the same things everyday more or less.

Breakfast - cereal with skim milk (any choice, although healthier cereals are best as they have some fibre)

Lunch - vegetables/salad/fruit

Dinner - eat anything you normally would in reasonable portions. (This is the only tricky bit if you don't know how to estimate a proper portion.)

Then we have the usuals. Such as drink water ect. Thoughts? Fun? Yes? No?

Replies

• WhyLime113
    WhyLime113 Posts: 104 Member
    Meh, I think it's boring, and quite inefficient. And siultaneously very vague and far too specific. Like, it doesn't really actually allow for someone to account for their micronutrient or even macronutrient needs, and it's certainly possible; it's too vague in this sense. And it's too specific for what to eat when; Why not bacon and eggs at breakfast? Or oatmeal? A smoothie? Toast and avocado spread? At lunch, why can't I have a sandwich? Pasta? Why should those sorts of things only be at supper.
    It's better to simply eat a generally balanced diet. The moment there's restrictions of any sort (dictating what to eat and when to eat it), I consider it a dietary failure. Especially if the diet involves cereal as a primary component.
    Like, if this works for you, GREAT! But it's hardly a 'diet' I'd go advertising. It's what you've found to work personally. But it's far from what I'd personally call easy, nor fun.
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    I have had weight loss surgery and even with my smaller stomach I'd be hard pressed to be satisfied with the amount of food on this diet. I couldn't imagine trying to do it with the full sized stomach that most MFPrs have.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,956 Member
    If I tried to just have salad/veg/fruit for lunch, my co-workers would have to have me fired and/or committed. Coupled with the lack of protein until dinner time and I'd be starving, sluggish and an all-up cow to be around.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Boring.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    :yawn:

I will just keep logging!! :wink:
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Pass
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    For me-I need a lot more protein and fat and grains, not to mention-I need my chocolate and peanut butter and eggs!
    I expend a lot of calories and need a lot more and a more varied choice of foods!
    Your way is not the way to eat forever-it's just temporary and if I had to eat like that-I would never be able to sustain it.

But-lots of luck to you!
  • *shrugs* okay then. Works for me. Easy, and no counting required.

Oh and I do eat oatmeal for breakfast. Technically it's still a cereal. So is muesli and granola. Lunch can be a veggie salad, veggie stew, veggie curry, a fruit salad ect not neccesarily lettuce tomato cucumber. I just didn't want to type everything.
  • psych101
    I had to eat like that-I would never be able to sustain it.

Same here - I need a heck of a lot more protein and fat
  • :-/

More meat and butter. Less vegetables. Yup. Good. Got it.
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Do what works for you ........ if you get bored, change it up a little ...... best of luck to you !
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    So basically it's nothing but carbs until dinner, at which point I'm supposed to ingest over 50g fat and over 100g protein in one meal? Thanks, but no thanks.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    No Way..... I have lost all my weight and have been maintaining learning that there are no bad foods. Are there foods that are more nutrient dense? Sure...... From the beginning I wanted to learn a diet that was sustainable for life and what you purpose is way to boring for me... It is only Wednesday and I have had steak and potatoes, spaghetti and garlic bread, popcorn shrimp salads, to name a few dinner and eggs,bacon,waffles,banana nut bread, to name a few breakfast, and lunches have been just as variety dense... All you have to do is eat within your caloric intake, make an effort to come close to hitting your macros and let the rest fall into place..... But to each their own.... Best of Luck
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    :-/

I eat a huge bowl of fresh veggies a day!
    But I also eat lots of healthy fats and protein such as fish, eggs, beans, chicken, pork, lamb and yes even a juicy steak a couple of times a month! I'm not really a big butter eater but I do love olive oil, avocado and some good cheese on occasion.
    Oh, and don't get me started on some great wine or vodka!
    Yes, I pretty much eat everything I desire and yet-I've maintained 122-125 for 2 years!
    And they said it couldn't be done!
  • michikade
    michikade Posts: 313 Member
    This does look like it would create a deficit but it seems that it isn't quite enough food for me personally. Not to mention I personally would feel hungry all day of I was eating that little protein throughout the day. If I were to do something similar to this I'd have to add in a protein shake or two.

Also, fat doesn't mean butter. It means stuff like nuts and avocado :)
  • psych101
    :-/

Not what anyone said at all...
  • 6ftamazon
    6ftamazon Posts: 340 Member
    If it works for you. I'll stick to mine though....
  • gertudejekyl
    gertudejekyl Posts: 386 Member
    :flowerforyou:
    No Way..... I have lost all my weight and have been maintaining learning that there are no bad foods. Are there foods that are more nutrient dense? Sure...... From the beginning I wanted to learn a diet that was sustainable for life and what you purpose is way to boring for me... It is only Wednesday and I have had steak and potatoes, spaghetti and garlic bread, popcorn shrimp salads, to name a few dinner and eggs,bacon,waffles,banana nut bread, to name a few breakfast, and lunches have been just as variety dense... All you have to do is eat within your caloric intake, make an effort to come close to hitting your macros and let the rest fall into place..... But to each their own.... Best of Luck