Menu's / Calorie Question

Options
1. on the subject of calories, do you stick to your 1200 calories. Or do you use the calories as well that you use in excerise?

Can anyone share their menu for their day/week? Im having a hard time finding things low in calories, so it feels like im not eating much....cause they all contain so many calories! lol

thanks everyone!

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    1. you should eat your exercise cals or at least most of them MFP already gives you a caloric deficit to meet your goals and not eating them makes you deficit larger than what you intended when you signed up for MFP.

2. Veggies, veggies, and more veggies.
  • tandroes
    tandroes Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    1. i try to stick around 1200 no matter what, but you are supposed to eat the exercise calories... so if i go over 1200 i dont feel bad about it.

2. go to goodhousekeeping.com and find the supermarket diet... it's really good and really easy
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    You can look at mine. However I didnt set my daily calories to 1200 I get 1400. Oh and Im sometimes bad but TOM makes me do it. LOL!!
  • dungardove
    Options
    I've my food diary open if you'd like to add my as a friend. Best of luck with weight loss:flowerforyou:
  • kathysherman
    Options
    I have 1200 calories, although I have lost 9 pounds in a couple of weeks, I only started exercising this past week. And I do NOT eat my exercise calories. I try to stick close to 1200 calories and figure those exercise calories as extras.

I can not vary in my diet if I want to loose weight, although I know it is not the best to not be so structured I have the same thing for every meal every day (for now)

Breakfast is oatmeal with Splenda, either Fiber one Strawberry Yogurt or one piece of 35 calorie bread toasted with Reduced strawberry jelly. Lunch is left overs from Supper the night before,..... broiled chicken with a baked potatoe and a salad, OR 93/100 ground beef burger with mustard and pickles with Lays light potatoe chips and a salad OR pork tenderloin grilled with baked potatoe. and a salad. I don't vary much from this and drink 4 16 oz bottles of water every day. I do allow myself a diet soda with each meal.