Should I weigh in when my brother TOM comes to town?

Options
I told myself that I would weigh myself on monday mornings. I had a good weight loss last week, but just realized that this monday coming up, my brother TOM will be in town. Should I weigh in anyway and possibly get let down by the extra weight gain that he usually brings or should I wait until the following monday?

Replies

• nickyevans
    nickyevans Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I would weigh in but keep reminding myself that its that time and I always weigh a little more then give myself a massive pat on the back when the following Monday my weightloss was a little more than it probably would normally be!
  • angiesteele
    angiesteele Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I never weigh during that time.... but that is just me.
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    I don't.. Too depressing for me hahaha
  • KellyBurton1
    KellyBurton1 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    If you do weight yourself, dont be surprised if you went up. It happens to everyone.
  • camsamdad
    camsamdad Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I am a guy and that took me a few minutes to get. lol
    I am like why does it matter that her brother is coming to town. HAHA
  • Kkmama
    Kkmama Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I jump on and hope I see something that I will like! If it doesn't show what I think it should then I know that next week should be down, hopefully!
    Wish me luck!
    Camsamdad cracked me up!
  • KanCrav
    KanCrav Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I would said no. Too much going on there. Wait til he leaves.
  • Ashlea_M
    Ashlea_M Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I usually weigh in on fridays, which would be in about 9 hours here in Australia, however my brother TOM is currently getting in my way and so I'm planning to weigh in on monday after he goes home lol :)
  • Ashlea_M
    Ashlea_M Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I usually weigh in on fridays, which would be in about 9 hours here in Australia, however my brother TOM is currently getting in my way and so I'm planning to weigh in on monday after he goes home lol :)
  • CarolHudson11
    Options
    I did - it was Monday. I won't do it again. I'm always cranky and the gain just made me feel worse!
  • Mamoonie
    Mamoonie Posts: 328
    Options
    hi,

I do weigh in, whether it's TOM time or not. You know you might go up a bit, and you might be down a bit more next week .

I think NOT weighing in at TOM time, if you're usually weighing in "every Monday", is a bit like cheating to yourself. It reminds me of those people who don't log food when they had a bad day... as if not logging, or not weighing in would change the facts :grumble:

MM
  • SmashleeWpg
    SmashleeWpg Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Why would you beat yourself up like that?? Just give it a few days and continue to eat healthy and work out. Skipping a few days of your weigh in isn't going to hurt you - but weighing yourself when you know the number will probably be up can really mess with your head and discourage you.
  • humpalc
    humpalc Posts: 140
    Options
    I do - if I do go up a bit because of it, it's never by much, so nothing to freak out over, and then I'm down by that much more the following week - Just do what works for you - if you know that you'll agonize for a week if you are up a pound, then stay off the scale :)
  • misskate1971
    misskate1971 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I don't worry about TOM, I just weigh in & make a mental note of it. It's kinds fun for me, because I actually LOSE weight before & gain during. It usually regulates/averages out the week after. UGH! Women can't win!
  • fredaro2002
    fredaro2002 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I am a guy and that took me a few minutes to get. lol
    I am like why does it matter that her brother is coming to town. HAHA

LMAO! :laugh: Sorry for the cofusion!!!!!!:laugh:
  • LizardIsANerd
    Options
    I am always just happy if TOM doesn't bring more than 2 lbs with him. :)
  • Mirabilis
    Mirabilis Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    That's your brother???

I call mine "Dr. Leakey". It's an archaeologist joke (Olduvai Gorge being the discovery site of Lucy and Ardi (I think), aka the "cradle of man" and all that, and neveryoumind what Olduvai Gorge corresponds to :P).
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    Don't do it, you're already hormonal...i cried lol...I forgot that I was about to PMS, and I NEVER weight myself during PMS or TOM but I did...and I was devistated...I'm patiently waiting until next wednesday before I measure and weigh...
  • kentlass
    kentlass Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    i personally don't weigh in then as i know i'll feel gutted at the added weight!
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    If you can take seeing a 'fake' high number, then weigh in. When I'm already emotionally compromised, I do not need to see a number on the scale that is 4-8lbs higher than normal. This is why I DON'T weigh in...but every one is different.

Charmagne