Macro's you find the hardest

Options
W31RD0
W31RD0 Posts: 173 Member
What macro's do you find the hardest to get to each and every day?

Replies

• ashleydawndill
    ashleydawndill Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Protein is my biggest obstacle right now, but I'm finding that canned tuna is my lifesaver.
    I also need to work on lowering my sodium intake, since I think it's causing a lot of water retention. :grumble:
  • lindsayomalley
    lindsayomalley Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hardest to reach is protein, hardest to stay away from is carbs!
  • W31RD0
    W31RD0 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Protein is my biggest obstacle right now, but I'm finding that canned tuna is my lifesaver.
    I also need to work on lowering my sodium intake, since I think it's causing a lot of water retention. :grumble:

I tend to have trouble with protein some days as well. It seems to go back and forth between it and carbs. I really have to get my carbs in and drink shakes with more consistency.

How do you know what your water retention is? Is there a way to test that other than knowing you are eating a lot of salt?
  • olumideyemo
    Options
    Proteins are my big thing too. I don't have a problem with carbs. Carbs are everywhere. lol

Matching my protein intake to the carb intake is my daily struggle.
  • ElkeKNJ
    ElkeKNJ Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    sugar, always seem to go over, while the rest stays mostly in green
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Protein! It's really hard to get there.
  • lqichick
    lqichick Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Another vote for protein here.
  • PowerfulHunt
    PowerfulHunt Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Protein
  • Fit_Fox88
    Fit_Fox88 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Hardest to hit- protein some days, carbs others. Hardest to keep in check- fat. I know a chunk of my fat intake comes from my coffee creamer in the a.m. (I won't give it up), but I also get a lot of healthy fats too from avocados and olive oil. It's the condiments like pesto and cheese that send me over on pasta days :angry:
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Protein is the hardest one to hit but I do pretty well.

When I first started MFP, I had a very difficult time staying under on sugar, but now I usually don't have that problem. I don't think it is the end of the world if I go over on sugar especially if I've eaten fruit or something...but I have made a lot of small adjustments that really helped, like switching to plain Greek yogurt and adding my own berries, rather than the single serving fruit-filled yogurts with 18 g of sugar or whatever.

Now I am more likely to go over a little bit on fat. I'm okay with that though especially since it's usually from nuts, avocado, etc.
  • Hungry_Annie
    Hungry_Annie Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Usually protein, I never have a hard time with carbs or fat.
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    calcium, iron, and potassium. I never hit these. I'm beginning to think about taking a multi vitamin. Conversely, I'm always way over the suggested limit on vitamin A
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    What macro's do you find the hardest to get to each and every day?

not getting too much fat... peanut butter is my nemesis!!!! :laugh:
  • BlueButterfly94
    BlueButterfly94 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Potassium. I definitely need it; I bruise easily without it. With it my bruises heal quicker than ever before and I don't bruise as easily. :[
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    carbs

But seriously none....
    Getting enough calories
  • dopeysmelly
    dopeysmelly Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Definitely protein. I'm usually pretty good at hitting it, but it takes an effort and that's what I plan first in my daily meals. Fat is usually OK, but even then sometimes off a bit, but I'm happy that I'm focusing on getting it from mostly healthy fats (saturated fat is usually under).
  • Laurenloveswaffles
    Laurenloveswaffles Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Fat. I have to put mayo and bacon on everything!
  • martinel2099
    martinel2099 Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    I find protein is hard to hit sometimes, which I never expected prior to using IIFYM. I treat my protein and fat goals as minimums and my carb goals as a maximum. If I go over my protein / fat minimums I'm in good shape, I just take a little out of carbs that day.

Protein shakes are excellent for helping me reach my protein goals when I unexpectedly don't get close enough.
  • tamelakaye79
    tamelakaye79 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Definitely Protein- I LOVE Carbs and Fats!
  • jtm4210
    jtm4210 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Always under on protein and over on fat. Meh.