Can you help me know If I'm eating enough.

Options
Hello Everyone,

I'm Alaa and I'm new here, I wanted to know if I'm eating enough.

I'm 6.0 ft, 92 kg weight.

My goal is to lose about 10 to 15 kg and lose body fat while maintain muscle or even build a bit if possible while losing weight.

I work out 4 times a week which consists of 1 hour of walking and 45 mins of weight lifting.

I eat 2 meals a day and a snack in between.

my meals are usually:

3 egg omelette with 2 slices of whole wheat bread.

snack is usually an apple.

and last meal is a can of tuna(150 gm) with 2 slices of whole wheat bread.

Thank you a lot in advance and any advice is really appreciated.

Replies

• Laurenloveswaffles
    Laurenloveswaffles Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Doesn't sound like enough. If your goal is to lose weight, then find a reasonable calorie deficit and eat that many calories a day.

You will not gain muscle mass in a deficit, minus newbie gains. You will gain strength though if you train properly.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

I'm Alaa and I'm new here, I wanted to know if I'm eating enough.

I'm 6.0 ft, 92 kg weight.

My goal is to lose about 10 to 15 kg and lose body fat while maintain muscle or even build a bit if possible while losing weight.

I work out 4 times a week which consists of 1 hour of walking and 45 mins of weight lifting.

I eat 2 meals a day and a snack in between.

my meals are usually:

3 egg omelette with 2 slices of whole wheat bread.

snack is usually an apple.

and last meal is a can of tuna(150 gm) with 2 slices of whole wheat bread.

Thank you a lot in advance and any advice is really appreciated.

this is a joke right, that you think thats enough food?
  • TeelHarris
    TeelHarris Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    That doesn't sound like enough calories at all. Depending on your age, you should eat roughly 1800 per day with that exercise regimen, but again, it depends on age, gender, and activity level. You can find really good info online. Google caloric needs...there are some good calculators out there.
    Plus, to keep your metabolism functioning properly, you should eat every 3 hours or so....and incorporate some fruits and veggies. Hope this helps!
  • marcjx
    marcjx Posts: 20
    Options
    To build muscle you need a calorie surplus, only a small one but a surplus nevertheless. Unless, you are new to training and you can still probably build a little muscle in the first few months as well as losing fat.

You need to fuel your body correctly.

I use IIFYM calculator to work out what calories I need depending whether I'm cutting fat or building muscle, it seems to make sense and work well for me, worth a try!

http://iifym.com/iifym-calculator/
  • Reggiefinleysr
    Reggiefinleysr Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, this sounds a bit like me. The truth is, I can't really afford a lot of food. So I eat pretty minimally. I'm also just not hungry as well which doesn't help. Now and again, I will get a huge hunger, but maybe once or twice a week. I am also trying to get cut and slim way down, then bulk up after the fat cells have shrunken considerably. The ladies are correct however in that if you want gains, you will have to bring up the caloric intake, if you want to stay lean but bulk up a little, eat green leafy veggies and a protein meal before your work out. Eat plenty of carbs, fats, and protein after.. watch the magic. But this is for someone really hitting the gym like I think you are.
  • nobel99
    nobel99 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Not sure how you can manage on that being that size! Where are your vegetables?? IMO, that's not nearly enough food intake. 4 slices of bread, a few eggs and a can of tuna. That's it? An apple a day is great but not enough snacking. Throw some more protein in there, how about a protein/veggie or fruit shake?? Easy/fast and healthy. There are a bzillion recipes for those online. You seem to be exercising a lot so you need more calories and protein to maintain/build those muscles.
    Check this out:
    https://www.ibodyfit.com/calc-mycalories.php
  • 3la2sa3d
    Options
    Thank you a lot for your replies, it's a bit overwhelming but I appreciate all of it.

I have a couple of problems, first of all I can't afford a lot of food, I work and study and I have no other source of income but my work. So I'm a bit poor and I'm trying to get by with what I have since that's all I can afford.

Clearly my main goal is to lose body fat, I don't get hungry while eating what I mentioned before, I'm not starving myself, I do eat when I'm hungry but what I mentioned is quite enough for me most of the time.

So another question since I can't add much to this except for more fruits or vegetables.

if this is to be maintained till I can afford more, is it dangerous ?

Also I only started going back to the gym 2 month ago and I've been seeing a lot of improvement but I want to know whether or not I'm on the right track that's why I asked, I'm not looking for bulking up or getting bigger, I just want to lose the body fat.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    You need more food! Check into a community resource.