New, Unsure, and Quite a Bit Frightened

Options
Hi Everyone,
I'm New here on MyFitnessPal, and new to all things fitness, healthy eating and good choices.

I recently went through an eye-opening experience in my personal life that has caused me to look around and realized I need to sort my s**t out and clean up my act. So, I now found myself trying really hard and failing wonderfully at eating right and getting exercise. I found this site through a Google search and it looks like I may have found access to the help and encouragement I need.

I look forward to talking with you all and getting it right.

Replies

• thegreatcanook
    thegreatcanook Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you for taking this step! Add me and I'll encourage you along the way.
  • ejdp254
    ejdp254 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Well done on taking the first step. Remember we all start somewhere!! You'll find lots of support and encouragement here to help you on your way, good luck!!:flowerforyou:
  • NC_Girl
    NC_Girl Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    The best thing that you can do is to track your food. MFP also has a cell phone application. I've found it to be very useful. It has a bar code scanner so that you can scan items and it will pull the info in for you. When I am using this tool I am very successful...but when I go off I gain weight. I'm back and hoping that I've learned my lessons. I've also started walking again. Remember that you are in charge of your own destination no one else. We can blame our weight issues on other things (as I often do) but ultimately it's in our hands and our own responsibility. Good luck and give this a good solid try for 30 days.....if you follow it properly you will start to see changes! Enjoy the journey!
  • Acorrineh
    Acorrineh Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi! Good for you taking this step!!! I've been here for 4 weeks. Love it!!! I can help , would be happy to do so :). Promise yourself right now, you are going to log every day and accurately...first big step that helps everything else fall into place. Second, promise yourself to move every day. Do whatever you want to start with, but move....Seems simple, but it can be a challenge to develop these habits. That's where all of us come in to keep you going :)
    Angie:flowerforyou:
  • jwats8
    jwats8 Posts: 112
    Options
    Hi Kobe! MFP is a great place to get help and encouragement- All of us on here are doing the same thing you are trying to do! Add me as a friend if you'd like. I would be very happy to give you encouragement along the way!
  • ihad
    ihad Posts: 7,463 Member
    Options
  • NessaReh85
    NessaReh85 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Hello, You have definitely came to the right place for motivation! We are all here for the same thing. To receive and to give motivation to anyone. I was very unsure at first as well. I have just logged my 10th day and the support from the friends I have on here is unbelieveable. It is always a tough start. I am still working on the eating right and making sure I get enough exercise in to actually make a difference.

If you want, feel free to add me as a friend.

Have an awesome day!:smile:
  • lice714
    lice714 Posts: 8
    Options
    Welcome, and hang in there. Ask questions, reach out to people. Just about everyone on this board is or was in your boat. reaching out to someone who has been through it will be one of the biggest benefits you will get here.
  • Mkstehle
    Mkstehle Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Great job on getting started. This is a great place with great people. Add me if you like. I will help and cheer you on!
  • huggybear1969
    Options
    Hi Kobe! Welcome to the team!

Initially, I was a bit skittish as well. However, MFP is a great place to get motivation and encouragement. We are all here to do the same thing! Feel free to add me as a friend if you wish. I log on daily and would be very happy to offer daily encouragement as well!
  • kobemitchell1
    kobemitchell1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much to everyone for their kind words of encouragement. I feel like I'm not alone in this and that definitely boosts the motivation.

Looking forward to talking to you all as time goes on :-)