Leslie Sansone

Options
Hi, Has anyone had results with Leslie Sansone dvd's? I have only just discovered her and i am addicted.
Also how many times a week do you suggest I do these workouts?
Thanks

Replies

• Tanyamw33
    Tanyamw33 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I like her workout videos as well. She is so upbeat and I love that it's low impact.

I would say 3-5 times a week if your able.
  • shonj85
    shonj85 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Her videos are a workout. I tried to do them for a few weeks but got tired of walking in place. I can say that they seem to promise results though, if it is working for you then more power to you!
  • traceywoody
    traceywoody Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I have just discovered them too after getting bored with my treadmill. I love that I am using more muscle groups doing her dvd's than I am with just walking. I am doing one 3 mile walk every day. I have done the 5 mile. It is relatively easy, but still gets the heart rate up to where it needs to be. Loving it!
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    I've heard of it... but haven't tried it yet. Should I?
  • flowrgal23
    flowrgal23 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have been walking with Leslie for two years and though I was skeptical at first, I have gotten great results from 'just' walking six days a week. :-)
  • cdpdee
    cdpdee Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    It is a great way to ease into a workout plan if you don't have one. Nothing that will scare you off, hurt you, make you never want to come back to it. She just talks a LOT, but it is a real workout and not hard on your knees, ankles the way running would be.
  • otter090812
    otter090812 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    It's what I started with, and I would say 3 times a week (more if you want). When I got fitter, I just upped the energy a bit, to the point where it was more like running on the spot. Eventually it became a bit to easy and I moved on to other stuff, but she definitely got me started on the right track with exercise.
  • Cskinner2
    Cskinner2 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Yes I lost a lot of weight and really toned up doing her DVD's. I started slow then increased to the higher miles. Now I am running 5K's.
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    I dig her.
  • Icandoityayme
    Icandoityayme Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I started her videos 2 months ago and I love them. I went from no exercise to being able to do 5 miles of walking now. I just kind of got a little burned out doing them so I am switching up exercises for a bit.
  • hmacgr
    hmacgr Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I just found her too! Love the low impact walking as a good start to the day. I'm just starting out with a workout plan and she fits in perfectly 3x's a week.
  • MsBetteDavis
    MsBetteDavis Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    When I was younger (about 17, maybe) I did her videos all the time because that's what my mom had at home but I found I got zero results. However, when I was in high school I didn't really watch what I ate. So I'm sure that had something to do with it.
  • jessakittyis
    jessakittyis Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    When i started up MFP I used to do a Leslie Sansone workout almost every day and even sometimes twice a day. They are fun and quite addicting. I had a lot of success losing weight with them. It was great because it allowed me to do a quick workout in the morning before work (1 or 2 miles) but still feel like I was doing something active.

Lately I've been putting on a walk and lowering the volume enough to hear her cues to change moves but putting on netflix or a tv show so I can walk and watch the show rather than sitting on the couch.

One thing I've noticed however is that I really don't think you are walking a "mile" when she says you are. I walk a lot out doors too and it takes me about 3-4 minutes longer to walk a mile than her timer and I'm not going at a slower pace than she sets so if you really care about the distance just be aware.

And one last note... the Walking to the Hits video is definetly not worth it.. I would stay clear of that one. She tries to sell it as a "high intensity interval" workout but the "high intensity" stints are waaaay too short and the "hit" songs only play during these 30 second periods. Just stick to her old basic workouts.

Good luck!
  • NuggetLovesEdie
    NuggetLovesEdie Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I really like her "YOU CAN DO THIS!" approach. And that she doesn't focus on getting it "right" just the fact that you're doing it. I also like that she focuses on functional fitness and being healthy as opposed to just "looking good" and that she uses real people in her work out videos.

When I was just getting back in to exercising regularly, I would do a 30 minute video 3 to 5 times a week in addition to walking the dog. It took me a little bit to be able to keep up without lowering the intensity or pausing. Now I do them occasionally when other activities aren't as available (ie due to crappy weather).

A lot of her videos are on youtube, which is helpful.
  • scubasuenc
    scubasuenc Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I have used her DVDs and still do so occasionally. I like them because they are low impact and can be done anywhere.

I have never done her program exclusively it has always been a part of other regular exercise, so I can't comment about how effective they are. However I do know that if I strap my HRM on during one of her programs I get my heart pumping and burn some calories. That is what I'm looking for from her.
  • adriandanyel
    Options
    I typically use the 3-mile DVD as an alternative when I need to work out and can't get to the gym or the track. To increase the intensity, I also use my 2-lb hand weights during the workout. I get a drenching sweat from this workout.
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,588 Member
    Options
    Great low impact workouts, safe and effective. She also has some interval workouts with jogging mixed in as well. I do her workouts at least 3 times a week this month, was doing a walk challenge last month and was walking with Leslie 6 to 7 days a week. It got to be tough on my knees :noway: so I dropped my mileage this month, but did meet my goal of 150 miles last month!

I've lost 46 lbs (my ticker only shows what I've lost since coming to MFP from Weight Watchers) using mainly her workouts.

Her best workout IMHO is the 4 Mile Super Challenge. It's an old one but her best queing. As another poster mentioned, she talks, A LOT. And has a laugh that might be grating to some. But with that said, she is the most encouraging and positive instructor you'll find.

Look under the Group Forums under the community tab-there's a Leslie Sansone Walk at Home group. Lot's of support and encouragement there.

Recently she was featured in MFP's HelloHealthy blog. She suggest her workouts be logged under "aerobics, general".

HTH,
    Ann
  • SameMe_JustLess
    SameMe_JustLess Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    If anyone has Amazon Prime, some of her workouts stream for free. I like her walk and jog DVD. It is my favorite.
  • kmariet7
    kmariet7 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Leslie got me to like exercise! I have lost over 30lbs by walking 5x a week 2-5 miles a day.