Question for Clean Eaters!!!!

Options

Replies

• mshannond
    Options
    Atleast swap the chicken breast for Turkey breast & some fish. Can you eat chicken 3 times a day every day?
  • Jesyka_Gee
    Jesyka_Gee Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi Jacwhite22,

Well to be more specific, it's recommended to eat starchy foods (i.e. potatoes, brown rice) after you do resistance training, not so much as cardio or low physical activity days. The starches help you build muscle following a workout, and since resistance training is geared toward sculpting your physique/building muscle, that's where the starches come in to play. This is according to my trainer though, he's the expert not I lol ;)

Actually a calorie surplus helps build muscle. Your trainer doesn't sound like an expert.

Agree to disagree I guess, I've seen significant results with this so I'm sticking to it. :)
  • levitateme
    levitateme Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Morning Yall. I have started eating clean just this week. My little sister is a bikini competitor and has set me up on a meal plan that is a variation of what she uses. Right now here is what I'm doing.

Meal 1: 4 egg whites - 2 whole eggs - 1/2 cup of oatmeal

Meal 2: Medium banana, apple, or grapefruit - one piece of low fat string cheese

Meal 3: 4oz Chicken Breast - 6oz sweet potato - 1 cup of veggies

Meal 4: 4 oz Chicken Breast or Talapia - 4 oz sweet potato, red potato, or brown rice - 1 cup of veggies

Meal 5: 4 oz Chicken Breast - 1 cup veggies

All spaced 3 hours apart and nothing but water.

My question....I'm not sure how long I can maintain eating the same thing all of the time so can I substitue anything in?

Also....For instance today I have a lunch meeting, can I not eat the sweet potato and just throw my chicken on top of fresh spinach leaves with some other fresh veggies and do a salad? Are their any dressings that are safe to eat? EVOO for instance?

Thanks so much! Also, feel free to add me if you'd like. :)

No. It will only work if you eat it exactly as prescribed. If you change it up you will lose all benefits.

What difference would it make if the chicken is on the veggies/salad or on the plate?

The poster you quoted is being sarcastic. The OP seems to think that "eating clean" is some magical weight loss cure that will only work if specific rules are followed.
  • levitateme
    levitateme Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Hi Jacwhite22,

Well to be more specific, it's recommended to eat starchy foods (i.e. potatoes, brown rice) after you do resistance training, not so much as cardio or low physical activity days. The starches help you build muscle following a workout, and since resistance training is geared toward sculpting your physique/building muscle, that's where the starches come in to play. This is according to my trainer though, he's the expert not I lol ;)

Actually a calorie surplus helps build muscle. Your trainer doesn't sound like an expert.

Agree to disagree I guess, I've seen significant results with this so I'm sticking to it. :)

Losing fat to reveal muscle definition is not the same as building muscle. I have been working to actually build muscle and it took me 6 months of eating at a surplus and lifting heavy to gain between 3-5 lbs of muscle (based on the change in my BF%, but I know that it's not 100% accurate, I probably only gained 1 lb muscle)

There's no "agreeing to disagree" about facts.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    Are their any dressings that are safe to eat?

All dressings are safe to eat. Hope this helps.
  • Walter__
    Walter__ Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    OP that diet is crap. I say it's crap because it's too restrictive and you won't survive on it. But you know that already.

Also there's damn near no fats in it. Fats are essential to regulating hormones and body functions. Don't be surprised when your sex drive tanks to the bottom of the ocean.

If you're not a competitor there is no reason to eat like that.
  • Chain_Ring
    Chain_Ring Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    I like to eat derrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrty
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Hi Jacwhite22,

Losing fat to reveal muscle definition is not the same as building muscle. I have been working to actually build muscle and it took me 6 months of eating at a surplus and lifting heavy to gain between 3-5 lbs of muscle (based on the change in my BF%, but I know that it's not 100% accurate, I probably only gained 1 lb muscle)

:flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Hi Jacwhite22,

An expert at talking nonsense!
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Are their any dressings that are safe to eat?

All dressings are safe to eat. Hope this helps.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    Hi Jacwhite22,

:flowerforyou: :drinker:

tumblr_inline_n5nzx24h7J1qafrh6.jpg
  • jim180155
    jim180155 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I eat almost the same exact thing Monday thru Friday, with minor variations like different flavored Greek yogurt, different store-bought salads, and different snacks. But 80% to 90% of what I'm eating during the week is exactly the same, day after day.

It has its advantages. After getting my macros and overall calories in line, I don't have to worry about whether I'm getting enough protein or eating too many calories. It's all planned. I just throw each day's food into a bag, take it to work, and eat whatever is in the bag before the end of the day. And aside from what snack I'll have when I get home from work, I can plug in my entire day's menu into MFP when I first get up in the morning.

Weekends are different. I tend to wing it on the weekends and eat whatever sounds good, within reason. My macros usually suffer on the weekends. And my calories may go over, but I usually manage to keep them under control.
  • Jesyka_Gee
    Jesyka_Gee Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi Jacwhite22,

That's nice. Your regimen seems to be working for you as my regimen is working for me. So, agree to disagree :smile: :wink:
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    Hi Jacwhite22,

That's nice. Your regimen seems to be working for you as my regimen is working for me. So, agree to disagree :smile: :wink:

So...just so I get this straight...are you saying gaining significant muscle mass is possible in a deficit (basically that you can make solid gains in a cut), or that recomp is possible.

One is possible...the other isn't.
  • Jacwhite22
    Options
    Hi Jacwhite22,

:laugh: :noway: :huh:
  • Jacwhite22
    Options
    Hi Jacwhite22,

So...just so I get this straight...are you saying gaining significant muscle mass is possible in a deficit (basically that you can make solid gains in a cut), or that recomp is possible.

I think she is saying you have to eat carbs in the magical window after you lift weights and not on days you don't work out.
  • Laurenloveswaffles
    Laurenloveswaffles Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Hi Jacwhite22,

I think she is saying you have to eat carbs in the magical window after you lift weights and not on days you don't work out.

Do you think I can spray some starch on my oreos to gain muscle mass while in a deficit?
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,952 Member
    Options
    A good way of mixing it up is to change out veggies and spices.

So if you have chicken breast with cajun spice and sweet potato one day, try chicken with maybe a Montreal chicken spice the next with bok choy and carrots. Things like that. You can do a lot by changing the flavour and how it's cooked. For example, you could also stir fry chicken breast slices with the sweet potato, with a bit of miso and maple syrup or organic honey. Just look for good sources of those things (ones that fit into the clean lifestyle).

She told you what to eat, not how to cook it ;)

Another example... you can eat rice and tilapia. Why not make Japanese style rice balls stuffed with tilapia, pickle and cucumber?

I'd also consider adding a bit of lean red meat to your options (beef, pork, bison, etc.) - Otherwise you might get deficient in iron.
    You also seem low on calcium sources... so try adding in yogurt or milk too. Fair haired people and women (you appear blonde) are prone to osteoporosis later in life and that needs to be looked after before it happens.
  • Jacwhite22
    Options
    Hi Jacwhite22,

Do you think I can spray some starch on my oreos to gain muscle mass while in a deficit?

As long as it's within 8.75 minutes of lifting you should be good.
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    Morning Yall. I have started eating clean just this week. My little sister is a bikini competitor and has set me up on a meal plan that is a variation of what she uses. Right now here is what I'm doing.

Meal 1: 4 egg whites - 2 whole eggs - 1/2 cup of oatmeal

Meal 2: Medium banana, apple, or grapefruit - one piece of low fat string cheese

Meal 3: 4oz Chicken Breast - 6oz sweet potato - 1 cup of veggies

Meal 4: 4 oz Chicken Breast or Talapia - 4 oz sweet potato, red potato, or brown rice - 1 cup of veggies

Meal 5: 4 oz Chicken Breast - 1 cup veggies

All spaced 3 hours apart and nothing but water.

My question....I'm not sure how long I can maintain eating the same thing all of the time so can I substitue anything in?

Also....For instance today I have a lunch meeting, can I not eat the sweet potato and just throw my chicken on top of fresh spinach leaves with some other fresh veggies and do a salad? Are their any dressings that are safe to eat? EVOO for instance?

Thanks so much! Also, feel free to add me if you'd like. :)

look like a typical "cookie cutter" diet some competitors seem to think is the ONLY way of achieving their goals.. i followed a somewhat similar plan for about a month before going insane for two reasons - 1) it was not enough food to sustain my body, and 2) to say it was bland and boring would be an understatement. i have been following IIFYM for a month and a half and am much happier.