Is 15 min a day going to be enough??

Options
I am currently a stay at home mom. I have recently got back on the wagon, weight loss wise. ;) I am currently working out for 30 min a day 4-5 days a week. I am going back to school in March. My schedule is going to be VERY full in the evenings. After charting out my evening routine, it seems I am only going to have 15 min aday for exercise..... I can do more on Sat. So is Monday thru Fri 15 min a day enough??

Replies

• annasid78
    Options
    This is roughly what my schedule is goign to look like.

530-630 cook and eat dinner
    630 15 min of cleaning (vaccum, mop, clean up kitchen, etc..)
    645 15 min of exercise
    700 Laundry dry wash and fold
    715-800 home work
    800 lay out dinner for next night
    815 Make sure everything for tomorrow is at the door
    820 check calendar and find keys
    830 2min quick clean up of kitchen and shine sink
    837 Wash face/brush teeth/take shower
    900 lay out clothes for tomorrow
    915 Go to bed
    920-930 Journal
    930-1000 lay in bed and watch tv.
    1000 lights out.
  • kap39
    kap39 Posts: 7
    Options
    I don't know if it will have the same effect as 30 min a day, but anything you can do will help! :)

Is there anyway you could exercise right before bed and shower for the next morning? That might give you the time you want and let you get up a little later in the morning.

Congrats on going back to school!
  • patjad
    patjad Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I agree, 15 minutes won't be the same as 30 minutes but it is definitely better than nothing.

This may seem silly but maybe while at home you could use ankle/wrist weights when you do daily tasks and chores. It probably seems minor but again, every little bit helps, right?
  • mariasheehan
    Options
    You can actually lose weight without exercising, but of course its better to be active. Did you know that you can earn calories for cooking and housework on MFP? look under cooking/food preparation and cleaning. The fact that you're making changes to your lifestyle is fantastic, you will most definitely lose weight if you cut back your calories and move a little more. Good luck, on your journey I wish you every success :=)
  • annasid78
    Options
    Plus I will be busy all day. I am going to Cosmetology school. There will be some sitting and studing. But mostly standing up, working on maniquines or people.

After I get a month or so under my belt with my schedule... I might be able to get more exercise time in.... will just see.

so if I get in 30 min cooking I will burn 121 calories
    cleaning for 15 min I will burn 76 calories
    Plus the 15 min of exercise 151

For a grand total of.... 348 calories. NOT BAD!!
  • summerbert
    summerbert Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I would if you can squeeze in a walk during lunch at school :) that way you can bump up your exercises