Help with determining what I actually burn! :D

Options
Hey all

So i have recently started carb cycling but inoder to do so i have to figure my BMR, and its more diffiuclt then i thought.
Need some advice!

I am about 132 currently, and run 6 miles 4 days a week. I also strength train twice weekly

On top of that exercise I am a college student and let me tell you... its wuite a hike across campus soetimes haha

So I dont know my BMR? I cant decide the level of activity I actually am...

Replies

• crobertson1916
    Options
    At the top of your screen, click the tools tab. There is a BMR calculator there. I would say you are pretty active.
  • mistyreed82
    Options
    Try this website.. you just enter your age, weight, and height and it will calculate your BMR for you. Hope it helps.
    http://www.internetfitness.com/calculators/bmr.htm
  • cableguy1177
    Options
    If you're dead set on finding your BMR, buy/borrow a heart rate monitor that keeps track of calories as well. I'd wear it for a 24 hour period when you don't run. They're not cheap, so if you can borrow one, I would go that route.
  • Naomi91
    Naomi91 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    If you're dead set on finding your BMR, buy/borrow a heart rate monitor that keeps track of calories as well. I'd wear it for a 24 hour period when you don't run. They're not cheap, so if you can borrow one, I would go that route.

I actually do have one, quite a nice one

Reason for this post is that I am sure that i should be eating more than 1200 calories for how active i am. I dont get cravings, but i get hunger pangs. I space out my meals every three hours and eat well, but gets to the point to where I am weak and starving
  • givprayz
    givprayz Posts: 328
    Options
    You are talking about 2 different measures. Your true BMR is what your body would burn if you laid in bed comatose, so your activity level is not significant to the number, only your height, weight and gender (of course there will be variation within that, but you only need a number within a hundred calories or so.) Then your daily calorie consumption is a separate number, one that calculates in your activity. If a BMR calculator asks for activity level, it either has some really complex calculation it is doing to estimate the small difference in calorie burn that a muscular body has over a flabby one, or it isn't really calculating BMR.