Strength training and weight loss

Options
Hi everyone,
I have been working out with my trainer, Frank, for several months now. Frank and I focus on strength training since I have the lung capacity of an Olympic swimmer and don't need help with cardio. Since I have been working out with him I have noticed that I've gotten a lot stronger. I don't have wimpy girl arms anymore but I do still have my bingo wings, though they are smaller.
I love my training sessions even though I never look forward to them because I hate working out. There, I said it. I hate working out but I do it anyway.
My boss says: You never regret going to the gym, you only regret not going.
My inner fitness guru says: The only workout you can regret is the one you didn't do.

Anyway, I know that muscle weighs more than fat and all that jazz but how can it be that I am more active than I used to be, I've changed my diet (for the most part) and yet the scale hasn't budged. I can see changes starting to happen but the scale is being so stubborn.

Am I doing something wrong? How do I get the scale to reflect the hard work I'm putting in?

Ideas?

Replies

• meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    if you're noticing fat loss then you're on the right path. don't go by the scale. it's not going to be linear.

my advice is to weigh yourself once a month and let the smaller fat deposits be your indication that you're losing in the meantime.
  • murphy612
    murphy612 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Are you monitoring your measurements? Unless there is a reason to be a specific weight, tracking your measurements is a better way to gauge change.
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    If you are consistently lifting weights and eating in a deficit, something is happening. As long as the measurements are going down and you can see a difference in pics, then I wouldn't even worry about the scale. Losing inches is more important and is awesome!

Try not to focus so much on the scale weight.