I stopped losing weight, I'm stuck! :(

Options
I changed my eating habits and have been exercising (just walking 2.5-3.0 mph on the treadmill for a lil over an hour or outside on the walking trail) and at first I was losing a pound every other day just doing that so I stuck to it because its easy on my body but a good work out at the same time. I've only lost 15 lbs since april ( i have took some weeks off before since then, mainly because i was out of town) I recently went out of town again for 3 weeks and ate whatever i wanted, just not large amounts.. still payed attention to calorie intake and not to go way over my limit.. I DIDNT gain any weight on my break. I've came back home and started eating really healthy, being really strict, drinking my water, and walking with a friend and at home and NO weight loss!!!! How can I get my body back going again? Please help, I want to lose atleast 5-10 lbs before the month is over.

I weigh 260

trying to get back to wonderland by jan.2015

Replies

• KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    How long has it been since you started back up? How much are you eating per day. Can you open your diary? Are you accounting for everything you put in your mouth? Weighing and measuring all of your food?
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    soooo.... you lost 15 lbs since april, with taking some time off and not logging, etc.

eating healthy doesn't always guarantee losing weight. You're not losing weight for a few reasons.

Most likely? You're eating more than your burning. The easy answer would be to eat less.

The other thing is that you're expecting instant results. Weight loss doesn't work that way. It isn't instant.

Last point I'll make. We're halfway done with the month. Wanting to lose 5 lbs in 2 weeks isn't unrealistic, but setting date restrictions is silly. What if you only lose 4 lbs by the end of the month. So what, are you not gonna be invited to some awesome "I lost 5 lbs, you didn't!" party? No.

Log everything accurately. Get yourself a scale. Set realistic goals and stick to them.

......and be patient.
  • CarrieBeard
    CarrieBeard Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I am hoping you get some helpful advice... I've been "STUCK" for months. I am getting tired of 1200 or less calorie days... same type walks as you are doing.... and the scales are stuck. I avoid wheat products (allergy). ... no rice, no potatoes... STUCK!
  • jmadyun21
    jmadyun21 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I started back up on the 1st of the month. I do measure my food so i can know how much im taking in.
  • HellaCarriefornia
    HellaCarriefornia Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Stick with it. Less than two weeks really isn't much time in weight loss world.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I started back up on the 1st of the month. I do measure my food so i can know how much im taking in.

Measure how? With a food scale? Or with cups and spoons?

What's your calorie goal?

Is there any reason you could be retaining water this week? (New workout, your period, etc.?)
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options

measure or weigh your food? Solids should be weighed, liquids measured.
  • jmadyun21
    Options
    Nah, I eat 1400 a day like recommended but honestly sometimes I cant even hit that goal and my intake be 1100-1200. I avoid a lot of foods and try to stick to just fruit, veges, whole wheats and protein but they are not high in calories so its hard to hit goal sometimes.
  • akaMrsmojo
    akaMrsmojo Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Five to 10 pounds is not realistic in 2 or 3 weeks. What is your daily goal?
  • BramageOMG
    BramageOMG Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Typical reason: Not burning more calories than you are taking in.

I would also recommend: Open Diary That allows people to see what your deficit is and what exercise is adding to the equation. Eating my standard deficit and doing the same level of exercise everyday, I drop about 4 lbs a week.. continuously.

Friday will be 8 weeks since start.. So your goal is aggressive, but do-able.

One thing that can throw you off track quick:

"I wont log this little ______ " Accurate tracking is a key. Good Luck!!
  • jmadyun21
    Options
    measuring cups. I do not own a food scale. Where can I buy one?
  • jessieleah
    jessieleah Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Patience is key. If you've checked and double checked all of the above advice and you're positive you're on the right track (calories in < calories out, etc) then keep doing what you're doing and the weight will come off eventually. You could be retaining water, if it's your TOM, your weight fluctuates (usually up, which is frustrating!). I was stuck in the low 160s for a good 2 months, but I finally broke into the 150s today! Also, the scale isn't always the only/best indicator of weight loss. Take pictures & measure yourself (I usually do this monthly). I've found that despite not losing much in the past 2 months, my body actually looks pretty different due to exercise.
  • trogalicious
    Options
    walmart. amazon. target. anywhere.
  • jmadyun21
    Options
    i burn 500 calories with my workouts sometimes 600
  • jessieleah
    Options

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/1/1/14770-cuisinart-precisionchef-kitchen-scale-stainless-steel-bowl.html

I got this one for christmas last year & I love it. I'm sure there're cheaper options out there.
  • jmadyun21
    Options
    Your exactly right. I just need to be patient because I know I'm doing the right things. Just going to keep going. I don't care if I lose 2 lbs just SOMETHING lol
  • trogalicious
    Options
    i burn 500 calories with my workouts sometimes 600
    using a heartrate monitor or MFP numbers... because it matters. If it's MFP numbers, it's overestimated.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Your body gets used to walking any slow steady cardio. So months down the road you do the same walk for a hour long with no increase in anything the calories burn will decrease from how it was on day one.
  • jmadyun21
    Options
    thank you so much! :smile:
  • jessieleah
    Options
    Your exactly right. I just need to be patient because I know I'm doing the right things. Just going to keep going. I don't care if I lose 2 lbs just SOMETHING lol

That's the hardest part, I totally understand! I really try not to set hard deadlines for myself, like lose X amount of weight by X time. If I don't meet it, it just ends up making me more frustrated. My mantra as of late has been "If I keep doing what I'm doing, I'll lose the weight eventually" because I know I'm eating the correct amount of calories and working out 5x a week. :)