Happy Feet!?

Options
Hi All,

I've tried running/jogging and my feet just hurt! I know that my trainers are fine because I walk miles in them, however my if I try jogging the balls of my feet ache with the impact.

I'm wondering if I'm running incorrenctly? Are there any special tips? I'd really like to jog but the thought of sore feet just puts me right off!

Many thanks,
V

Replies

• jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Were you fitted for a running shoe? You need different support for running than you do walking. You might need to get a more supportive shoe to support the impact.
  • SARAHWALKER25
    Options
    You should always have 2 different shoes. one for everyday walking and one for running... your feet form the sole differently with more impact....
  • in_it_2_win_it
    Options
    I know what you mean, today I had the same problem and I ran right to the mall and to a Finish Line and told them what the issue was, and they fixed my issue, I bought new shoes and then I also bought support padding, I haven't tried running in them yet, but I will Saturday morning.. I am off tomorrow, so I can't test them out.. but Saturday I will. SO my advice to you is try getting new shoes
  • V_for_vieve
    Options
    Thanks all. I guess I'll have to speak to someone 'proper' about running trainers. Sounds expensive!!! Ah well, if it gets me going...cheers!
  • steampunkgirl
    Options
    I had a similar problem. My NB walking shoes hurt when I would try to run. I went to a few places to try some shoes and found the Aisics running shoe was much better. I don't run much but this shoe is so much more comfortable.