willpower is.....

walking by the Pretzel Factory in the mall and resisting the urge to gobble up warm, soft, salty pretzels. Piping hot pretzels smell amazing!!!

Replies

• meridianova
    meridianova Posts: 438 Member
    being able to buy ice cream for my husband, without even looking at the flavors i love the most.
  • BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,068 Member
    eating just one chip
  • Anita4548
    Anita4548 Posts: 39 Member
    Looking at my boyfriend eating pizza 5 days a week for dinner and me sitting next to him, drinking unsweetened tea!!

Btw: I love pretzels
  • headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,599 Member
    ...walking past the donuts in the office EVERY SINGLE DAY and not eating one.
  • dopeysmelly
    dopeysmelly Posts: 1,390 Member
    .. not as effective as a good plan.
  • Goosie71
    Goosie71 Posts: 24 Member
    Will power is finite. Think of will power as an elastic band it only stretches so far. Eventually it runs out and you can't sustain what your doing in order to achieve your goal. So set yourself realistic goals, use your will power wisely don't over stretch it and you will find your making progress on your path to success.
  • CKMillson
    CKMillson Posts: 44 Member
    well said. Good habits will trump willpower. but sometimes it takes willpower to overcome an environment... like the donuts everyday in the coffee room.
  • jesiann2014
    jesiann2014 Posts: 521 Member
    ...like a muscle. The more you use it, the stronger it gets. :)
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    ... not the only tool in my arsenal. I try eating before I go out and having a plan helps.
  • amethyst7986
    amethyst7986 Posts: 223 Member
    Making chocolate cake balls and cookies and only eating one of each

Willpower is.....not punching my boss when he speaks
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,710 Member
    ...apparently defined differently by everyone! I do enjoy the variety of responses on these boards.

Personally, I prefer "want-power" to "willpower". "Willpower" to me denotes "willing" something to happen, as in, you hope for it, but it is not completely in your control.
    "Want-power" means if you WANT something badly enough you will make the necessary sacrifices and changes to obtain it.
  • enzosmama
    enzosmama Posts: 134 Member
    Ignoring the chocolate glazed donuts, m&m ice cream cones, and swiss rolls that my girlfriend brought home during our most recent shopping trip!
  • enzosmama
    enzosmama Posts: 134 Member
    AND not eating my 2 1/2 year old's left over mac and cheese!
  • MallieRose91
    MallieRose91 Posts: 159 Member
    Going to a BBQ Birthday party and instead of eating the endless supply of chips, burgers, hot dogs, cupcakes, etc, snacking on fruit and going home to make Spinach and Ricotta Stuffed Shells!
  • MallieRose91
    MallieRose91 Posts: 159 Member
    AND not eating my 2 1/2 year old's left over mac and cheese!

Oh man, that is the hardest for me! It barely makes it to the trash before I devour left overs. I have to immediately throw away any left overs (if there are any as I try to cook exactly how much we will eat) because if I try to save it for another lunch/meal, I end up eating it that night....or while I am putting it in tubberware. lol
  • laineybz
    laineybz Posts: 704 Member
    having a stash off chocolate and goodies in my wardrope and not being tempted to eat them during the night lol.
  • whovian67
    whovian67 Posts: 608 Member
    Not scraping the brownie bowl and getting every last drop :)
  • steveocy1
    steveocy1 Posts: 19 Member
    Not scraping the brownie bowl and getting every last drop :)

I figure there isn't enough to make a difference so I lick that puppy clean. Just record your first brownie as 1.05 servings if it makes you feel better.
  • ASH2038602
    ASH2038602 Posts: 215 Member
    Going to the gym after dropping my son off at school when I could go home and read in silence lol