Home Gym in Tiny Spaces

Options
2»

Replies

• helloreenie
    helloreenie Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    i live in a studio apartment, so when i work out at home (i have a gym membership), it's usually some youtube workouts (blogilates or popsugar fitness typically) and my yoga mat. i also have some dumbbells.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I keep the plates and stuff in a pile under the tv desk. I had a bar made from a steel pipe at the metal supermarket, so it is not too big or heavy. I keep it in my bedroom. My husband built a bench that is perfectly sized for me, it fits in the corner, and when you flip it up it is also a dollhouse for our daughters. I also go to a gym.

I love the vibe this post gives off.

Thanks! :-)
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I keep the plates and stuff in a pile under the tv desk. I had a bar made from a steel pipe at the metal supermarket, so it is not too big or heavy. I keep it in my bedroom. My husband built a bench that is perfectly sized for me, it fits in the corner, and when you flip it up it is also a dollhouse for our daughters. I also go to a gym.

I love the vibe this post gives off.

Thanks! :-)

So do I!
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    21777730884898581982.jpg

99624627304581744703.jpg

About 20'x12'

yay rogue! will be buying from them soon. any particular reason why you choose the plate tree over storing plates on the rack? think the solution of storing plates on the rack was cheaper, but i was wondering if maybe they get in the way somehow.

OP, if you buy a power rack from roguefitness.com, then your entire order will ship for free.

Just to be clear, you have to buy a whole rig (not just a rack) from rogue to ship your order free.

The plate trees were infinitely cheaper which is why I went with them. Each of the posts for plate storage were $40-50 a pair. The entire plate tree was like $40 total (and holds 7 different kinds of weights). Plus, storing on the rack meant they could interfere with some lifts depending on how I arranged them.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    A couple heavy kettlebells would be all I'd have if I had a tiny space. An advantage is you can keep them on your main floor and bust out a workout somewhere pleasant instead of having to head down to a corner of the unfinished basement.