What did you eat today?

Options

Replies

• LessofBrian
    LessofBrian Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Breakfast was high fiber hot cereal with a 1/2 cup of mixed berries. Also three hardboiled eggs.

Mid-morning snack was 1/4 cup of almonds, plus an apple.

Lunch was a turkey sandwich, garden salad and 1 oz. bag of Sun Chips (Harvest Cheddar).

I'm planning on a large protein shake and a piece of chicken for my mid-afternoon snack, then fish and tons of veggies for dinner. Since my calories are low today I'll also add some natural peanut butter.
  • Anita4548
    Anita4548 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    aethre - Thank you for your reply. It's nice to see people replying in a nice way!

I am studying pharmacology at uni and as a part of our practical sessions we got the opportunity to do some tests on ourselves. This included many tests and one was measuring our own BMR. One whole session usually should be looking at a 24hour period however we only did it for 12. I understand that this might give slight variations however I am more prone to believe medical tests than websites. Obviously I am not eating 800-900 calories a day now but I for sure know that I cannot maintain my current weight at 2000cal. like "most" women.
    As for how it was actually done, we exercised - got it measured together with oxygen, CO2 levels etc. Then we had to rest of 4 hours and those things were measured again :)

Supertact, I am not going to argue :)
  • TMagical
    TMagical Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Breakfast - Coffee + 1/2cup whole milk & 1Tbsp brown sugar
    Snack - Beef jerky
    Lunch - Amy's bean & cheese burrito
    Snack - 2 x mini Hershey bars w/ a little less than 1 Tbsp natural PB (don't judge me, it's SOOOOOOOOOO delicious!)

I'm 5'2" so I lament with you... us shorty doo wops get the shafted when it comes to weight gain and BMR but ~900 is kind of very low. I can do 1200cal with no problems and have, on occasion, done 800 but that's w/ eating bags of spinach, ribs of celery, and chicken breast and I justifiably was chastised by my nutritionist.
  • jdstarz
    jdstarz Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Eggs are a good way to increase your protein intake, or eggs whites if its still too many calories. Low fat cottage cheese is another good way to increase protein without adding too many calories.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    Your menu is sad. :( If your BMR is truly 800-900 (according to whatever device you're using), you need to see a doctor about a possible metabolic disorder. Seriously. 1200 is the absolute least a woman should eat, and even that's way too low.

Breakfast: Green Mango Pineapple Banana Protein Smoothie, Special K Protein cereal (dry), and coffee with creamer and Splenda
    Lunch: Chunk light tuna, 1 T plain nonfat Greek yogurt, Wheat Thin Garden Valley Veggie Toasted Chips, fresh watermelon
    Snack: hard-boiled egg, light string cheese, Apple Pie Greek Yogurt cup
    Dinner: Chili with Ritz crackers mixed in
    Dessert: 2 T Natural Peanut butter (right off the spoon, baby)

I'm much more excited for tomorrow. Today was a cardio day, but lifting days mean a pre-workout Quest bar and a s'more for dessert!
  • Swiftlet66
    Swiftlet66 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Sweet potato-banana oatmeal with chia seeds and soy milk.
    Lunch: Creamy chicken and brown rice soup with a slice of wheat baguette.
    Dinner: Bitter melon-tofu-egg stir fry; steamed purple sweet potato; simmered radish and chicken soup and possibly a fruit pudding for dessert.
    Snacks: Cheese, some sliced apple and melons, and a few cherry tomatoes.

That's today's menu. It'll be around 1450 calories. I'm 4'9 and maintaining... Well, trying to. Apparently I'm still losing. :x
  • Anita4548
    Anita4548 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I agree 900 is very low but that is BMR not TDEE, right? I can usually maintain 132lbs when eating 1500-1600 cal
    Snack - Beef jerky
    Snack - 2 x mini Hershey bars w/ a little less than 1 Tbsp natural PB (don't judge me, it's SOOOOOOOOOO delicious!)

I'm 5'2" so I lament with you... us shorty doo wops get the shafted when it comes to weight gain and BMR but ~900 is kind of very low. I can do 1200cal with no problems and have, on occasion, done 800 but that's w/ eating bags of spinach, ribs of celery, and chicken breast and I justifiably was chastised by my nutritionist.
  • drabbits3
    drabbits3 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Breakfast--oatmeal with fruit
    OR
    high fiber cereal with fruit
    OR
    greek yogurt and fruit
    OR
    overnight oats--my new favorite thing

I am a maniac about measuring my food since I've been here, so the oatmeal is like 1/2 cup dry, cereal is 2/3 cup, greek yogurt is 1/2 cup. fruit--berries usually, 1 cup most times

lunch--different in the summer because I am off--often I have the cereal or yogurt that I mentioned above if I had something different for breakfast. when I am back teaching I may still do the yogurt-fruit thing or the oatmeal or leftovers
    OR
    a big salad of 2 cups of arugula, 1 cup steamed broccoli, 1 cup steamed cauliflower (LOVE cauliflower), 1 cup cherry tomatoes, maybe peppers or carrots-whatever other veggies I have but I always measure and lately no dressing--stupid waste of calories
    OR some leftover dinner

dinner--different every night BUT I do very little dairy--the greek yogurt once a day is pretty much it for dairy, so if I make a dinner with dairy in it for my family, I leave it out of mine. tonight I am making a black bean and quinoa casserole thing that is topped with cheese--I just won't top it with the cheese--the other three folks in my house can sprinkle the cheese on their portions. I do whole wheat noodles with marinara, frittatas with lots of veggies, different kinds of veggie mexican dishes (without cheese). I try really hard to only cook things that I have a calorie count for and I measure the portion so I am pretty sure of what I am eating. I usually come in around 1000 calories. snacks include tons of watermelon, maybe a slice of low fat whole wheat toast and a little fresh peanut butter, plain popcorn. I've been pretty strict this summer--should all go to hell once school starts again!!!!!!!
  • fitasacello
    fitasacello Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: 2 egg whites, 2 turkey bacons, 4 oz. of baked chicken
    Lunch: kale mushroom soup, 1 grapefruit
    Snack: 15 olives, 1 apple
    Dinner will probably be escargot with corn. And more kale soup, that s#!t turned out good.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: protein bar, banana, poptart (I'm currently addicted but make it fit my calories)
    Lunch: ham, turkey and pepperjack on cinnamon raisin bagel thin and a sliced cucumber
    Snacks: jazz apple, 100 cal cocoa roast almonds, 3.5 oz chobani blueberry yogurt

Dinner will likely be Zatarain's jambalaya made with chourico sausage and a cup of broccoli florets.

I was supposed to make Chicken Cacciatore in the crock pot but I didn't wake up early enough to get it put together. Thankfully the chicken is still frozen solid so I can do it tomorrow no problem.
  • LaReinaDeCorazones
    LaReinaDeCorazones Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    B: banana
    L: black beans w/salsa and a tortilla
    S: milk chocolate chips and an apple
    D: baked potato w/a lil butter, mixed veggies w/soy sauce and cottage cheese
    S: pb sandwich with chocolate chips
  • wonderwoman234
    wonderwoman234 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Pre-workout - fruit and yogurt smoothing (homemade)
    Did 1 hour of lifting and 55 minutes of spinning
    Breakfast - 1/2 Think Thin protein bar and 3/4 cup Ancient Grains cereal
    Lunch - Small wild mushroom arancini, Lobster Ravioli, bread with olive oil, shared a molten lava chocolate cake w/a friend
    Dinner - Probably something light given my lunch out, like grilled chicken and steamed broccoli

A more typical day would be:

Pre-workout - fruit and yogurt smoothie
    Late breakfast or early lunch - some type of sandwich or salad with protein, unsweetened iced tea
    Snack - cottage cheese with fruit or high protein bar
    Dinner - Grilled protein (chicken, marinated steak, salmon), usually two veggie sides (or salad) I made a roasted vegetable pasta salad a few nights ago that was great (using wheat/protein pasta)

We have been also getting ice cream for a treat after dinner, but not every night. I usually have room....although I will cut back on this now that we are out of vacation mode.
  • bluetuesday5
    bluetuesday5 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Breakfast - 2 fried eggs on toast with butter
    Post workout/lunch - pasta with salami and olives
    Dinner - meatballs in tomato sauce
    Supper - Spanish omelette

Seems a lot but last 2 are actually quite low in calories for how satiating they are.
  • TMagical
    TMagical Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I agree 900 is very low but that is BMR not TDEE, right? I can usually maintain 132lbs when eating 1500-1600 cal
    Snack - Beef jerky

BMR = as I understand it is the amount of cal your body expends in a day even if you're doing nothing
    TDEE = BMR + the energy you expend.

So my BMR - 1400 cal but my TDEE = 1600 cal

there are tons of calculators out there but I really like this one:
    http://iifym.com/iifym-calculator/

keep in mind that these are all based off of general algorithms and if you are visiting a doc I'm sure the info they give you would be more on the spot for you.
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    Breakfast spinach goat cheese pizza

Lunch tossed salad with garlic dressing and cottage cheese

Snack fresh strawberries and green tea

Dinner will be chicken cordon bleu and potato and salad
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Today, I had a bowl of All Bran with chia seeds and almond milk, and some pineapple. I missed lunch, which is just tragic. I never do that, but I was extra busy today. Normally, I'd have something like toast and peanut butter or a sandwich and an apple. Dinner was lamb and feta stuffed peppers with boiled potatoes, carrots, and sweetcorn.
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: 2 cups of coffee, Oatmeal with razzle dazzle white chocolate peanut butter, honey, and almond granola used whole wheat bagel to dip (795 calories total)

Dinner: Quiche Lorraine with hawt sauce (442 calories)

Snack:

popcorn
    passion fruit Chobani greek yogurt
    yo plait vanilla greek yogurt
    a peach
    peanut butter fruit smoothie
    ( 1099 calories total)

2336 total. I'm trying to bulk. Averaged about 2300 calories a day last month and lost 0.1 lb. Whoops. Dat reverse bulk. 5'3.5" 120 lbs.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    3 slices pizza. breakfast
    9 oz chicken sammich w cheese . lunch
    Trutien cinnabun shake and chocolate chip cookie dough bar. pre workout
    8 oz chicken thighs 3 cups veggies salad. dinner
    2200 cals
  • crescentgaia
    crescentgaia Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    For the record, I am a lot taller than you are OP (I'm 5'9") with a lot to lose, so my calorie limit is at 2010 for the moment. I do recommend that, if you can, go for the full 24 hour test. If you can't and if what you are doing works for you (as in you do not feel hungry, aren't craving, and losing) then that's amazing!

Breakfast: two slices raisin cinnamon toast, cream cheese, cup of coffee with caramel macchiato creamer
    Lunch: didn't have it (I woke up around noon, so when I wake up that late, either breakfast or lunch gets skipped)
    Post-Workout Snack: apple, zero water squeezed (lemonade flavor), and light and fit greek strawberry banana yogurt
    Dinner: steak, potato, veggie mix, piece of bread
    Evening Snack: snackwell's yogurt covered pretzels

And that'll get me to about 2010 calories. I really don't eat back my workout calories unless it's a cross train day and today was a walking day (5K walk training).
  • Tiff1124
    Tiff1124 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Breakfast- Chobani apricot yogurt with agave nectar and cinnamon and a slice of 12 grain toast
    Snack- Trail mix
    Lunch- 1 slice of Pepperoni Pizza
    Snack- Fiber one bar
    Dinner- haven't eaten yet but brats and corn on the cob is on the menu.

Cals- around 1300, 5'4