Better'n Peanut Butter? Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk?

Options
Ok, I need opinions before I spend the money:

1. Has anyone tried Better'n Peanut Butter? Is it any good?

Even the regular, reduced fat PB still has too many cals for me for just being a spread.

2. Has anyone tried the unsweetened vanilla almond milk? Is it any good?

I love the sweetened stuff, but a little sugary for me.

Thanks!

Replies

• elid
    elid Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Can't answer #1, but I do love unsweetened vanilla Almond Breeze. Goes great on cereal and in smoothies, and only 40 cals per serving. I even drink it on its own occasionally, and last summer I kept using it to make iced green tea lattes too (with a little stevia to sweeten it). Very good!
  • chrish1981
    Options
    Can't answer #1, but I do love unsweetened vanilla Almond Breeze. Goes great on cereal and in smoothies, and only 40 cals per serving. I even drink it on its own occasionally, and last summer I kept using it to make iced green tea lattes too (with a little stevia to sweeten it). Very good!

Awesome! So how much un-sweeter(if that's a word! LOL) is it than the regular vanilla almond milk?? Is it really noticeable?
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Better 'N Peanut Butter. I found it through a phone app that allows you to enter what parameters you're looking for in a food item (low cal, low salt, low fat, etc) and then choose the food category and it gives you different options and all the nutritional info is found.

I'd hit a point where my PB craving was beyond maddening so I did my search and that was what was returned. I went out and bought it that night and haven't looked back. I was beyond happy about that first PB sandwich I had again after finding it, I even posted pics of it everywhere I could. lol

But, don't try the chocolate version - bleh.

I also love the Almond Breeze Unsweetened Vanilla. I can't drink it straight because the flavor isn't quite "right" to me for that. But having been lactose intolerant for years, I can't even remember the last time I really drank milk straight. But in cooking, baking and on cereal it's seriously tasty. I've even gotten the hubby hooked on it now too.
  • nisharae
    nisharae Posts: 204
    Options
    Love the unsweetened vanilla almond milk... to me it still tastes very sweet. mix with a little cinnamon and its amazing!!!
  • maytanewfie
    Options
    I've never tried the peanut butter, but I love the unsweetened almond milk. I was vegan for awhile, and didn't tring milk (still don't), but I didn't like the soy milk. rice milk was okay, but almond milk is better!!! I've never tried the sweetened kind, so I can't compare them for you.
  • sarakaufman
    sarakaufman Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I love the almond breeze unsweetened vanilla. I don't like milk but this one I can drink. someone told me to try soy I almost threw up then I try this and love it and its worth the money.

never tried the peanut butter