Edamame & Steak Salad

Options
odusgolp
odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/recipe/view/49885882

I threw random stuff in a bowl inspired by my girlfriend, Melissa. It's delicious with awesome macros. 46g of protein, 27 carb, & 30 fat in my bowl of random crap, so I thought I'd share.

1292851.jpg

Replies

• JamericanBoy
    JamericanBoy Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    That looks amazing!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    I feel like I should start buying edamame. That looks really good, Odus!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I really want to eat that.
  • odusgolp
    Options

I'm a huge fan. I eat at least a bag or two of the Pict Sweet Steamers each week.
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    Needs more cauliflower...
  • Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    yassss
  • odusgolp
    Options

Next time I'll add some. For you...
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options

Make sure it's cauliflower bread crumbs, regular cauliflower is gross!
  • odusgolp
    Options

Make sure it's cauliflower bread crumbs, regular cauliflower is gross!

But... cauliflower isn't bread. Is this some oxymoron? Some newfangled GMO cauliflower? Is it a hybrid breed of cauliflower? WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!?
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options

I'm a huge fan. I eat at least a bag or two of the Pict Sweet Steamers each week.

I'll look for those. I've only had the dry roasted stuff.
  • odusgolp
    Options
    Also, FTR, that's my friend's picture. She used scallions and flank steak. I actually used leftover top sirloin which was still pink in the center, but still a little overdone imo. I won't re-heat steak, so found this a good solution for eating leftovers.
  • odusgolp
    Options

I don't mind the dried stuff, but REALLY prefer the frozen/steamed.
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I LOVE edamame! Soooo good!
  • niyohn
    niyohn Posts: 9
    Options
    Very colorful! The more color, the more nutrient diversity it has. I have to say pretty good job! Here is a run down of what each is good for you:

Edamame - its chock full of antioxidants has shown to improve cardio, reduce cancer, and diabetes
    Cucumbers - also good for your cardio system, and reduces cancer risk
    Tomatoes (I might be wrong here) - really dense in nutrients, a lot of bang for each bite
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options

I don't mind the dried stuff, but REALLY prefer the frozen/steamed.

I bought some and used them the last couple of nights. I will be buying them more often, so thanks for the push! I used seitan instead of beef, and I already had a new bottle of Marie's sesame ginger dressing that I needed to use because it expired in May. Oops. It still tastes good!
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    Very colorful! The more color, the more nutrient diversity it has. I have to say pretty good job! Here is a run down of what each is good for you:

Edamame - its chock full of antioxidants has shown to improve cardio, reduce cancer, and diabetes
    Tomatoes (I might be wrong here) - really dense in nutrients, a lot of bang for each bite

:huh:
  • SeptemberLondon
    SeptemberLondon Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • odusgolp
    Options

:huh:

Apparently, I had missed this *LOL*
  • sweetnlow30
    sweetnlow30 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Wow that looks good! I haven't been able to find edamame in any local grocery store. Are they in the produce section or frozen foods section? I am in a smaller city in Ontario Canada. I can't always find products I am looking for, like PB2, low calorie flat breads etc. I have had edamame in salads at a restaurant before so I know they are around somewhere.
  • odusgolp
    Options
    Wow that looks good! I haven't been able to find edamame in any local grocery store. Are they in the produce section or frozen foods section? I am in a smaller city in Ontario Canada. I can't always find products I am looking for, like PB2, low calorie flat breads etc. I have had edamame in salads at a restaurant before so I know they are around somewhere.

Edamame, or Soybeans, are only found in the frozen veggies at my grocery stores.