Ab Definition

Soccerstar19
Soccerstar19 Posts: 56
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
Ok so I'm down to my goal weight and now I want to get defined abs; does anyone have any good ideas?

Replies

• crunches, reverse crunches, bicycle crunches, vertical crunches, planks, leg lifts, etc.
  • How many do you think I should do?
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Most of ab definition is related to body fat %. I'm not sure what it is for a woman. I think it is below 15% body fat to show abs. I've heard weighted ab workouts are good for definition.(cable crunches are good). I gained a lot of definition when I did the Ab boot camp. You can google it. I think it was put out by muscle media.
  • depends. i normally do around 100 of each, but sometimes i want to focus more on lower abs so i do more reverse crunches and so on. you could start with one 1-minute plank a day and move it up to 3 or 4 over time.
  • Thanks so much!
  • carl1738
    carl1738 Posts: 444 Member
    How many do you think I should do?

Pick out 2 or three ab exercises and do two or three sets of 10-15 reps or whatever you can handle. If you can do more than 15 reps, add some weight to increase the difficulty. Do this twice per week. Feel free to change the exercises around a bit if you want. This should help build up your abdominal muscles. Keep doing your regular workouts also. If your body fat is low enough, you should start seeing results in a couple of weeks.
  • Do any kind of ab exercise you can think of . One I like to do is where I sit down on a mat, lift my legs a bit and with a medicine ball in my hands twist side to side with it... it works the sides.
This discussion has been closed.