I want to do a colon cleanse without starving myself?

Options
Does anyone have any tips on ways to do a colon cleanse without changing my diet drastically?

Most of the ones i've found online say that you shouldn't eat anything else other than the cleanse juice for 7-10 days. I really don't want to do that.

I just want a cleanse for my colon that comes in a tea or something that i can drink while still eating solid food.

Any suggestions?

Replies

• TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    NV Natural Calm (Magnesium Citrate) works for me. 2 teaspoons in a cup of boiling water twice a day. I don't use it so much as cleansing tool but it keeps me regular.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    I'd suggest not doing it. Your colon does not require cleansing,

Your body is perfectly equipped to handle toxins. When it can't, a doctor, not some hal-assed cleanse, is what you need.

This cleansing is stupid and sometimes dangerous.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    If you have functioning organs, your colon is just fine without outside help from you. A cleanse will not aide in fat loss, either.
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    Irrigation will help.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Water?

And why are you wanting to do this...what is the purpose...what are you hoping it will achieve???
  • anooch
    anooch Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    My reasons for wanting to do it are not for fat/weight loss but because of the side effects that having an "unclean" colon. It causes fatigue, sometimes pain, bloating, etc. I want to do it for health reasons and not for weight loss reasons
  • Yurippe
    Yurippe Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    My reasons for wanting to do it are not for fat/weight loss but because of the side effects that having an "unclean" colon. It causes fatigue, sometimes pain, bloating, etc. I want to do it for health reasons and not for weight loss reasons

Is this advice from your doctor or an advertisement from an infomercial?
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options

Is this advice from your doctor or an advertisement from an infomercial?

Or a Cosmo ad, maybe?

Cleanses are unnecessary and will not help you with fatigue, pain, bloating.
  • trainguy917
    trainguy917 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I've never read or been given any actual scientific evidence that a colon cleanse or any kind of detoxifying is medically necessary.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Do you mean that you feel constipated?

This "unclean" business is hogwash. It's not real health, it's fitness-health and sometimes not even that. Colons do not require cleansing. They're supposed to contain poop. That's their job.

The only parts of the digestive system that require cleansing are your mouth and *kitten*. The rest of that tube is taken care of by your body.
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    Can we play pretend colon cleanse so the placebo effect will kick in?

I've got my online med license and a plastic house we can use as a doctor's office
  • FrenchMob
    FrenchMob Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Sounds more like a problem with things you're eating than your colon needing cleansing.
  • levicrouch
    Options

If only there were a cleanse\pill\thing you could do to alleviate these symptoms.

The truth is, the folks that that sell the cure, have to convince you that the symptoms exist and need to be treated.
  • GothyFaery
    GothyFaery Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan of cleanses. I personally don't think they do anything for you that you're body isn't already doing. But why do you think you need to go several days? When you have a colonoscopy they give you the "colon blow" stuff and you drink that the day before and don't eat anything that day. The next day you have your procedure and there's NOTHING in your colon. So if you are dead set on doing a cleanse, I really don't think you would have to go 7-10 days. A good laxative should have you running on empty after a day.
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    I usually just eat a can of corn. By the next morning *whistle sound* clean as...well....as a whistle. *nods* true story
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options

If you feel like you need to do something about these symptoms, you should probably talk to your doctor about them.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have any tips on ways to do a colon cleanse without changing my diet drastically?

Most of the ones i've found online say that you shouldn't eat anything else other than the cleanse juice for 7-10 days. I really don't want to do that.

I just want a cleanse for my colon that comes in a tea or something that i can drink while still eating solid food.

Any suggestions?

Poop?
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    There's something called "Butt Sects" that works well sometimes. It's free and you won't have to change your diet at all!
  • s_pekz
    s_pekz Posts: 340 Member
    Options