What did you eat today?

Options
13»

Replies

• Anita4548
    Anita4548 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I am definitely going to be coming to this thread for ideas! I can see a lot of meat however I will try to substitute it with beans/tofu etc. Also I really want to give veganism a try, but I know eggs have so much protein uhh. Dilemma :)
  • jenniferhanisch5
    jenniferhanisch5 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Breakfast - caramel macchiato
    Lunch - chicken curry with rice
    Dinner - ?
    Snack - probably a dove mini ice cream bar
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    I am definitely going to be coming to this thread for ideas! I can see a lot of meat however I will try to substitute it with beans/tofu etc. Also I really want to give veganism a try, but I know eggs have so much protein uhh. Dilemma :)

You either ethically believe it's okay to eat animals, or you don't. Shouldn't really be a dilemma in my opinion since that is the only real reason to go Vegan.
  • Anita4548
    Anita4548 Posts: 39 Member
    Options

You either ethically believe it's okay to eat animals, or you don't. Shouldn't really be a dilemma in my opinion since that is the only real reason to go Vegan.

Um the dilemma about eating animals is out of the question for me. The dilemma I have is, is it ethically okay to eat even the free range eggs out there :) Plus, I need to take into consideration health as well as ethics
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options

Um the dilemma about eating animals is out of the question for me. The dilemma I have is, is it ethically okay to eat even the free range eggs out there :) Plus, I need to take into consideration health as well as ethics

Awe, I see and I misread your post when I read it. I apologize :)
  • wallelf1
    wallelf1 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    B- applesauce with 1/2 tsp matcha powder (makes it green, but I can't taste the matcha) (I'm a late riser)

L- 3.7 oz baked chicken thigh on a foldit flat bread with 1 tsp lite mayo); 1 cup campbell's tomato soup; 5 FF saltines

Cocktail - 2 oz Bourbon with lemon and water

D- 2 oz (dry) Ronzoni Pasta, Turkey/Quinoa meatballs and 2/3 cups simple tomato sauce* with 1 Tbsp Parmesan cheese, 2 cups steamed broccoli florets.

I still have 133 cal left, so for an evening snack I'll have a Fiber One bar, or a 100 cal bag of Kettlecorn.

*Simple sauce and meatball recipes constructed in the recipe builder for accurate serving/calorie numbers.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    breakfast : whole wheat bagel, plain cream cheese, 2 boiled eggs, greek yogurt+reduced sugar blueberry jam

lunch : BALT (blt with avocado) on whole wheat, kettle chips, cup of veggie soup

dinner : 2 or 3 slices of leftover bacon cheeseburger pizza. the soup and chips at lunch were unplanned so i might not have space in my calorie goal
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: oatmeal with chia seeds, gelato and a protein latte
    Lunch: veggie burger on a whole wheat potato roll with cheese, tomato and pickles, edamame, green bean and mushroom mix, and yellow peppers.
    Snack: apple and peanut butter, protein latte
    Dinner: spinach, tomato, red pepper, edamame and chicken salad with sesame ginger dressing
    Evening: Greek yogurt with chocolate fiber one and 1/2 scoop protein powder.

Dinner might change, depending on my workout.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Scrambled egg/egg whites with cheddar cheese, and oatmeal
    Post-workout: Protein powder and milk
    Lunch: Salad of spinach and mixed greens, red bell pepper, apple, and chicken (ran out of veggies and didn't make it to the store before lunch, boo)
    Dinner: Chicken, brown rice with quinoa, and veggies (broccoli, cauliflower, carrot, zucchini, yellow squash
    Snack: 2% greek yogurt

I have over 450 calories left and plenty of carbs and fat to eat, who knows what the night will bring?
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    B-4 oz. prune juice, muesli with peanut butter and almond milk. 1 cup green tea, 1 cup chai tea.
    L-cauliflower, bok choy, broccoli, tuna salad, pacific sardines in olive oil. Yasso chocolate peanut butter frozen yoghurt pops (2).

1440 calories-I don't eat dinner.

ETA prune juice
  • suziepoo1984
    suziepoo1984 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    B: Coffe w non-fat milk, oatmeal (ready packet)
    S: Coffee with creamer
    L: Buffet indian lunch
    S: Some coffee biscuits and coffee with creamer
    S: Tea with 2 cookies(small 45 cal ones)
    D: Plan to have protein bar and some cheerios with milk. But that might change as the day progresses.

I just have a one hour dance class at night which is like a light workout.
  • akgreen324
    akgreen324 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    That's not a menu :)

You ate one meal

^^ Seriously...thats what I would consume in the morning. Thats like what 400 cal?
  • akgreen324
    akgreen324 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Your menu is sad. :( If your BMR is truly 800-900 (according to whatever device you're using), you need to see a doctor about a possible metabolic disorder. Seriously. 1200 is the absolute least a woman should eat, and even that's way too low.

Breakfast: Green Mango Pineapple Banana Protein Smoothie, Special K Protein cereal (dry), and coffee with creamer and Splenda
    Lunch: Chunk light tuna, 1 T plain nonfat Greek yogurt, Wheat Thin Garden Valley Veggie Toasted Chips, fresh watermelon
    Snack: hard-boiled egg, light string cheese, Apple Pie Greek Yogurt cup
    Dinner: Chili with Ritz crackers mixed in
    Dessert: 2 T Natural Peanut butter (right off the spoon, baby)

I'm much more excited for tomorrow. Today was a cardio day, but lifting days mean a pre-workout Quest bar and a s'more for dessert!

MMMM I like your menu!
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Breakfast - coffee, vanilla honey yogurt, chia seeds, and chocolate granola
    Snack- homemade chipotle pimento cheese and crackers
    Lunch - 2 shrimp soft tacos with cheddar cheese, romaine lettuce, diced onion, tomato and grilled peppers and onions.
    Dinner- sausage, mushroom, pepperoni pizza and Greek salad.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Meal 1.

1 avocado, pine nut and cucumber wrap.
    1 ham, pickle and salad sandwich.
    2 peanut protein balls.
    1 buckwheat and date slice.

Meal 2

1 poached salmon fillet.
    Stringless runner beans.
    Carrot and swede crush.
    Raw mushrooms.
    Baby plum tomatoes.

Dessert.

Blueberries.
    Mixed nuts and fruit pot.
    Lemon cheesecake.

I am on maintenance.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    I had baked pasta for dinner:

1 box (12 oz dry) Smart Taste penne pasta
    1 can Hunts 4 cheese spaghetti sauce
    15 oz part skim ricotta
    8 oz shredded mozzarella
    1 tube Jennie-O hot turkey sausage
    Parmesan to top (I used about 16g)
    Olive oil cooking spray

Boiled pasta, browned/crumbled/drained sausage. Mixed pasta + mozzarella + ricotta until well coated. Add in sausage. Spray a 13x9 casserole dish, then pour mixture in. Top with can of sauce & sprinkle parmesan on sauce.

Bake @ 350 for 20 minutes. "Cut" into 8 bricks. Approx. 440 calories each. I add a little red pepper flakes for added 'kick'.
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    Our stats are pretty similar (I'm 5'4" and 128 lbs, and I'm losing on 1800), and I'm also a vegetarian. Here's what I've eaten, along with my plans for dinner:

Breakfast: Cottage cheese, tomato, coffee and half & half
    Snack: Quest bar
    Lunch: Greek yogurt, meatless breakfast patties and a nectarine
    Snack: Protein powder and a granola bar
    Dinner: Eggs, rice with edamame, seaweed and tofu, arugula salad
    Snack: Ben & Jerry's